+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Memory Books for you kids

Can anyone give me some inspiration to finally start recording things from my childrens lives. I am thinking something like a memory book? I have no idea about scrapbooking though - but am open to getting the low down on it.

I have a book for their first year but it was bought from the shops - and i cant seem to find anything to record photos, milestones and memories for anything over 1 year old.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Im not sure how old your children are, but my suggestion is to record and do as you go, if possible. I have a whole box of photos that I never dated or marked and to be honest, I have forgotten alot of the small things. Looking back, I really wish I bit the bullet and found 5mins a night to stick a photo in a photo book and write whatever small or large milestone it was. Even the smallest things like 'First time chewing on a big slab of steak'. I have the pic but not the date.

To find ideas on what some milestones might be, google the age and milestones and use that as a guide as to what photos to add.

Hopefully this post makes sense and is helpful
    Last edited by London; 04-09-2012 at 13:30.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Subbing. I was given a gorgeous scrapbook when my DS was born. He's now 3 and it's still empty!!

I do have a cute baby record book that I wrote all the important milestones etc in, but do want to put it all in the scrap book one day. I'm crafty, but haven't done any scrap booking so not sure where to start either!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I saw a blog online about digital scrapbooking, scanning their drawings, adding photos, little stories, any certificates, measurements (heights, weights etc). Keep adding to it then order it and it comes in a nice bound book. I thought i might give that a try.

This is just about artwork but you can do anything you like really. http://blog.mixbook.com/8-ways-to-cr...-kids-artwork/
    Last edited by baby4us; 04-09-2012 at 13:11.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to baby4us For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (05-09-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baby4us View Post
    I saw a blog online about digital scrapbooking, scanning their drawings, adding photos, little stories, any certificates, measurements (heights, weights etc). Keep adding to it then order it and it comes in a nice bound book. I thought i might give that a try.
    I LOVE that idea!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Memory Books for you kids

Subbing.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

We got a book for each girl, it's hand made, absolutely gorgeous and has plenty of room for extra scrapbook pages etc. Pricey though, but I love it and I can't wait to give them to the girls on their 18th/21st birthdays.
    http://www.personalisedbeginningbooks.com.au/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I write all of dd's milestones and cute stories in her baby book. I also have photos and her first wiggles concert tickets in there as well as some drawings that I get her to do in the book.
    I didnt go out and get anything fancy. I also have a special box to put some outfits and her hospital wrist bands etc in and any other bulky art items.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

You can make awesome photobooks online for a good price and it will last a lot longer than sticking photos and such into a book. I'm planning on taking photos with a blackboard stating what is going on when. Example baby's first step 6th July 1990 on blackboard with bub taking a step. I'm also making a book about how baby came about because I went through ivf with a sperm donor. We already have made photobooks of every year that contain memories of stuff we did and seriously they just look so good. And they will last forever.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to queenvee For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do digital scrapbooking, I print pages as books, but I also print the pages individually and they go into the kids albums (12x12 clear slip albums), I can add to those pages with tickets, drawings, or as a PP has said I can scan stuff up.

I find it much easier than traditional, the supplies are reusable, you can use the page 100 times (I print 20 pages books as gifts for family often $9.95 each), there's no mess and if the kids destroy it, you can just reprint it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (05-09-2012)