+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Vent....Pretty annoyed right now at mum.

Sounds like my mum....and we don't have contact with her anymore. There was always so much more pain than pleasure in our relationship so my sister and I and our families cut ties with her.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Vent....Pretty annoyed right now at mum.

What a nasty thing to say! I hope she meant it in a joking way and it came across wrong, but even so!!!

Actually sounds like my mother too...complete charmer and by that I mean she couldn't talk the pants off octomum....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Wow, that's horrible.

I hate mothers who criticise their daughter's weight. My mother thinks she's "fat" at 55kg. Not too long ago I was over 100kg. She has never called me fat or made horrible comments about me being so big (esp compared to her!). I am appalled that other mothers think it's okay.

I'll never criticise my daughter's body. It's so vile.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

zoz  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

You poor thing! My mum calls me big all the time which yeah okay I am? But she's fatter than me and eats worse than me! *bangs head*

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    That's so nasty! I can relate, my mum told me on the morning of my wedding that she didn't like my dress and thought it was ugly.

Thanks mum.

The morning of your wedding?!? What was she hoping to achieve?

OP- Congrats on your upcoming wedding! How exciting! Have a blast!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all Feel much better getting it off my chest. Not sure how it will go down Friday when I see her! I can be pretty spiteful sometimes

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Gosh, thats harsh!
    Refuse to step foot in the dress shop. If she tries to convince you just say something like "I dont want to taint something that is supposed to be fun" and continue to walk past it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like it could of come from my mothers mouth the exact same words. It makes me sick and angry, both my parents do this all the time not just about weight but every bloody thing they are from another planet I sometimes think or very judgemental it makes me quite upset the crap they sometimes spout but I'm glad I live over the otherside of the world from them as they are in UK haha, but I totally get how you are feeling, if you can just try and ignore it or take it with a pinch of salt, I do it now as I am so used to this behavior from them. Good luck with it all I hope she doesn't get to you much if you end up going on the outing.

Thanks
    Reviews

how insensitive *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    How horrible! I'd be telling her that if that's the case I'd postpone my wedding for another 85 years and if I'm not skinny enough at least she'll only be rolling over in her grave not telling me I look like a beached whale on my wedding day.