+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vent....Pretty annoyed right now at mum.

So I'm pregnant. We're meant to be getting married next year, but we're not sure if we're going to go ahead with it and instead have a family only wedding later this year that will be incredibly small.

Anyway, my Mum just called me and asked what we're doing on Friday and I asked her what did she mean? She said are we going to go look for an outfit for Nan (as my bro is getting married next month) and I said, sure, let me know what time and where etc. She then proceeded to tell me, that if we couldn't find anything for Nan we'll look at wedding dresses for me. I said I don't think there's any reason to as we don't know what we're doing with the wedding yet. She then said "No, it will be a good incentive for you to lose weight, no one likes a fat bride"

Sorry Mum, I didn't realise that I still have to go and starve myself and lose all this weight whilst being pregnant just so I look good for a wedding day that may not happen. My main priority is to be healthy for this pregnancy, yes, but to say it so crass. B*tch.

Just needed to get it off my chest. Why say it if it's not nice to say.

And FYI, I'm already watching what I eat and exercising, even before I found out i was pg.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you

What a horrible thing to say!
    Good grief *shakes head*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I think my answer would have been something along the lines of 'Well if you don't like the bride don't come'.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (04-09-2012),~Marigold~  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Oh and well done for putting yours and your baby health first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, it ****es me off that she was thinking about the dress and not the health of her grandchild. >

And like she can talk! She isn't a picture of health, either. At least I'm on my way to doing something about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh my god That is horrible, you poor thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a stupid thing to say.
    Maybe she thought she was being funny? I don't know... obviously you know your mum best, but I can't for the life of me see how anyone would think that was reasonable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Vent....Pretty annoyed right now at mum.

:-( I agree with PP, maybe she was trying to be funny? Otherwise, that's pretty hurtful!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    How horrible.

I have a pretty acid tongue, if my Mum said that to me I would spit back "Yeah well, remember you are the Mother of the Bride and they have a lot of attention on themselves too ya know.... dont want to look like a stuffed turkey at Xmas, do you now!"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mahjong For This Useful Post:

pinkplease3  (04-09-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Vent....Pretty annoyed right now at mum.

That's so nasty! I can relate, my mum told me on the morning of my wedding that she didn't like my dress and thought it was ugly.

Thanks mum.