+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Repeated IVF Failures

I am so sorry to read of your journey hun as it is a tough journey have you had a karatype blood test ? (gentic testing ) it takes about 7 weeks to get back ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to liv01 For This Useful Post:

snowybaby  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Repeated IVF Failures

Depending on what you read the belief is that embryos which falter in the first three days are thought to be egg quality related, embryos that falter in Day 4-5 are thought to be sperm related. Has your dh had his sperm tested. There are several different tests that he can have done and should have the semen analysis done at least twice to confirm any results.
    We have now done 8 ICSI cycles until our last cycle had always been told our problems stemmed from our egg quality. So we decided before we head down the donor path to try a 50/50 donor sperm cycle to rule our dh (who we knew had some issues). It now looks as though our issues are sperm related after all. It is worth investigating your dh if you have not done so already.
    Re the prednisolone dose - I have done 10mg, 20mg and 30mg and we got our bfp on 10mg.
    Ask the fs about a hysteroscopy in the cycle prior to the stim or the cycle of the stim - done between cd2-6. The idea being that it injures the uterine lining which creates a reaction of it then repairing itself which has shown to potentially increase the chance of implantation. I had this done during two previous laps and no issues were found but when done on its own (with new fs) found that I had reduced blood flow to the uterus and also a very old infection, which should have been picked up in at least the most recent lap.
    Just a couple of things to think about and ask your fs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BronwynCJ For This Useful Post:

snowybaby  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure for how long do i have to wait for FET? Do i have to wait for my next period. I will discuss with doctor and see what she says..

Thanks
    Reviews
    liv01, we got karotype testing done for me and my husband and it came back normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BronwynCJ. Thanks for your suggestion. I will discuss this with my doctor when i see her next week. Lets just hope things work out in my next FET.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well, my hysteroscopy surgery went well yesterday, I’m feeling fine and having a lovely rest day. I had an endometrium biopsy done to see if there is any issues. I wanted a NK cell biopsy too but my FS said she doesn’t do that. The more I read about it the more I believe I have an immune issue which is causing my implantation failures so I will bring it up at my follow up appointment in a few weeks. I’m almost convinced that once I have my immune issues addressed I could finally get my long awaited BFP (I hope so anyway)