+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Repeated IVF Failures

Hi

I need help and guidance from you all. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis in April 2011. The surgery was converted from Laproscopy to Laprotomy and endo was removed. My Doctor put me on Zoladex for 3 months and then i went straight for IVF.

1) 1st IVF - October 2011. I was on Down regulation protocol. 8 Eggs were retrived. 6 were mature and 5 fertilized. 1 X Day 5 Early Blast was transfered. It was a BFN. No embryo suitable for freezing

2) 2nd IVF - December 2011. I was changed to Antagonist Protocol. 26 eggs were retrieved, 20 were mature and 14 fertilized. 1 X Day 5 Expanding Blast was transfered. It was BFN. No embryo suitable for freezing

3) 3rd IVF - Feb 2012. I was changed back to Down regulation cycle. 12 eggs retrieved, 12 were mature and 7 fertilized. 2 X Day 5 Blasts were transfered. It was BFN. No embryo suitable for freezing.

Then i changed by doctor and in Laproscopy it was found out my endometrisis has come back and i have bilateral Hydrosalphinx. Another Laproscopy was done in June 2012 to remove both my tubes and endometriosis. Ovarian cyst was removed.

According to my new doctor by embryos were all Grade 1 till day 3 but then becomes Grade 3 at Day5. Thats why she wanted to try with Day 3 embryo in my next cycle. Mabybe grows better inside me was her guess.

She got me to do a lot of immunity and blood clotting testing and all came back good. I have not got biopsy done for NK Cell yet but she doesnt believe in NK Cell. But still in my 4th cycle, she put me on prednislone and clexane. Below are my results for 4th IVF Cycle.

4) 4th IVF Cycle - August 2012. I was again changed to Antogonost protocol with lower dosage. i started Prednislone (10mg from Day 1 of stimming) and started progesterone pressaries and crinone day after egg collection. Started clexane day before embryo transfer. In this cycle, i got 29 eggs retrieved, 27 mature and 17 fertilized. They transfered 1 X Day 3 morula and 1 X Compacting embryo. I have already started AF. So, this cycle will be BFN as well. I will go for my blood test tomorrow. I have 11 X Frozen 3 Day embryos.

I have received all BFNs. Never even received a chemical. There is surely something wrong somewhere. if someone can provide some suggestions, it would be great.

I have an appointment with my doctor next week, so i want to get a list of questions so that i can ask my doctor. My nurse told me that i can do a frozen transfer next. what are success rates of Frozen transfer?

Is there anything i can do to increase my chances to become a mother? i just cant stop crying and i am loosing hope............

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    im sorry for ure long journey. as u can see from my siggy i too had a long journey... the only time i ever got a bfp i was on prednisone, 25mg was my lucky dose , i also had aspirin from day 1 as well as all ure doing. i read a book by alan beer, which changed everything for me, and now i have a 7month old and my 7 week scan is friday for #2, i turely believe i wouldnt be a mum if it wasny for prednisone 25mg. fingers crossed ure journey comes to a BFP soon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to katiana For This Useful Post:

snowybaby  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Katiana. Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will speak with my doctor about increasing dosage of prednislone. I have not taken aspirin last cycle. I took clexine instead? shall i propose to my doctor to add aspirin from day 1 with Prednislone 25 mg as well?

Were you tested +ve for NK Cell or any immune issue? i have not got NK Cell biopsy done yet.

Where can i get book by Alan beer? I would like to read that as well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Repeated IVF Failures

Is it possible your partner may have sperm issues? We had sperm problems, our doctor told us if our embryos slowed down on day 3 or after it usually means the sperm has the problem not the egg.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

snowybaby  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was never tested for immune issues but after reading the beer book, and after so many transfers, resulting in bfn, ure body decides to attack unknown's. u can take clexane and aspirin together, its only 100mg (baby aspirin) and they work in different ways for clotting factors.
    we got the book from amazon, best read EVA!!!!!!! so much made more sense. dont forget ull have to ween off the prednisone, which im sure ure doctor will monitor.
    may i ask any sperm issues? are ure emby's with ICSI?
    i have my fingers crossed for u

Thanks
    Reviews
    Katiana, It was half ICSI/half IVF this time and both had good fertilization result.

Before this cycle, we always did ICSI. Doctor wanted to try doing half/half.

I will definately ask my doctor about aspirin and prednislone (25 mg) when i meet her next week.

I have 11 X Day 3 embryo frozen, do you know if frozen embryo have good success rates?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kmvw, we had a discussion with doctor last time about it but she said in my first 3 ivf cycle, we got blastocysts,just low quality, so hard to say.

Is there any way of testing this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Snowybaby – I can really relate to you and totally understand your frustration. I’ve had 4 transfers, no frosties and all BFNs . I have just borrowed Dr Beer’s book from my local library and although I’m a slow reader I’m finding it really interesting so far and it is so helpful and encouraging.

In my last cycle I was on both pessaries and crinone, so will continue that next time too.

I had severe endo removed 2 years ago. This Thursday I’m having an hysteroscopy to check the endo and the general well being of my uterus. When I see my FS next I will discuss the results and I am keen to be tested for immune issues and would love to take prednisolone, clexane and baby aspirin for my next cycle too, I’m hoping they can take me over the line.

I truly wish you the best good luck with everything and hope to hear some good news from you in the future

Katiana – you are an inspiration. I’m so overjoyed to see you have had success after so many cycles, congratulations . Thank you for your advice and sharing your story

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

snowybaby  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    mumtochris, I can totally relate to you. we are all in such a difficult situation. What day embryos did you transfer? I will let you know what my Doctors say next week.

Good luck with hysterescopy. I had one done in July with my laprosocopy and no problem was observed. Are you getting NK Cell Biopsy done as well?

when do you start your next IVF Cycle? I wish you all the best and looking forward to hear good news for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cycle 1 – ICSI 2dt, cycle 2 – ICSI 2dt, cycle 4 – ICSI 5dt, cycle 5 – IVF 3dt. I know I discussed with my FS about NK cells but now I’m not sure if she’s actually going to do a biopsy? I will have to ring tomorrow to find out. She did say she would take a sample for testing, so not sure if this is it. I would love to do one more IVF cycle before the end of the year but I’m going to take DHEA for my egg quality and will need to be on it for a few months, so it’s more than likely to be in the new year.

Thanks for you well wishes

When do you do your FET? I don’t know the success rates but know they can be successful, as I’ve read a few stories of BFPs from FETs, so all we can do is hope that this works for you too, good luck

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

snowybaby  (04-09-2012)