+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What does coffee do to your bub?

As the title suggests, does coffee have an adverse reaction to your bub? DD has been a little unsettled recently and I just realised I not long ago upped my caffeine intake from 1 instant coffee to 2. Going to test the theory to see if it is related with her, does it do anything to your babies?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: What does coffee do to your bub?

When she was a little bub it really upset her. Not so much now. I had to quit coffee completely
    But at 15 months a cup or two is fine.
    Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I've only stopped breastfeeding but when I was and drank coke DD4 would get very sooky and spew more then usual. You could always try stop it for a day or 2 and see if that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Out of interest, for those whose bub it affects, did you drink caffeine whilst pregnant?
    I'm 37 weeks pregnant and haven't really changed my caffeine intake (except for the first trimester when I couldn't stomach coffee). Am interested to know whether people think that their caffeine consumption whilst pregnant has anything to do with how it then affects their baby. Obviously it'll only be anecdotal... but still interesting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: What does coffee do to your bub?

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Out of interest, for those whose bub it affects, did you drink caffeine whilst pregnant?
    I'm 37 weeks pregnant and haven't really changed my caffeine intake (except for the first trimester when I couldn't stomach coffee). Am interested to know whether people think that their caffeine consumption whilst pregnant has anything to do with how it then affects their baby. Obviously it'll only be anecdotal... but still interesting
    I didn't. Coffee made me vomit during pregnancy.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews

Zero affect here, and I drank coffee in the second & third tri (it made me had in the first 14odd weeks)

I always stayed under 200mg caffeine a day (as per recs).

Thanks
    Reviews

I drink 1 -2 cups of instant a day and I haven't found it has any adverse effects on DD, but I did drink a cup a day throughout my pregnancy. She settles really well, and sleeps through the night most of the time. Although I had a large double shot coffee from the shop quite late in the day once, and that night she was wide awake a few hours past her bedtime. I learnt my lesson and try to stick to instant now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not related to bub but to me. coffee or caffine gave me nipple vaso spasm, which was excuticiating to feed, now ill only have 1 cup a day maybe 2 but in the early days of BF when bub was a newborn it was horrible!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't drink coffee in 1st trimester (made me sick) and I don't think I picked it up until 3rd. DH brought me a large coffee, paper and almond crescents when I went in labor while we waited. It was divine. I drank coffee while breastfeeding (the real stuff not instant so strong) and I never any problems with DD. I don't have problems with coffee at night either.

This time around, way prior to getting pregnant, I went decaffeinated. Not because I was trying to get pregnant but because I felt I drank too much coffee. During this pregnancy I still drink decaffeinated and on the odd (i'm soooo tired I need a boost or no decaffeinated available) I have a real coffee.

My DD is still fantastic and my newbie is rockin' and a rollin' without the help of coffee.

So really your choice. Experiment. Make sure you don't change anything else during the experiment. If you take a lot of sugar in your coffee you are going to have to get it in you in another way so you get a clean experiment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 1-2 coffees in the morning all through both pregnancies and breastfeeding. It didn't have any effect on my babies. They were both very wakeful so I did try stopping caffeine but they still woke a lot and I needed the coffee after those sorts of nights