Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree that she's seeking attention and comfort. I have a four yr old and seven yr old ( and a bub) and they have gone through periods of behaviour like this, and it's generally been when things have been difficult at home or there have been some changes etc...

I know it's maddening and you want them to get over it, but they aren't adults - I'm a grown up and I carry on like a pork chop from time to time, so I don't expect my kids to be able to process all their emotions "properly".

Have you spoken to her about it during the day? Perhaps ask why she's doing it and look at finding a solution together. Maybe a sticker chart could help.

Good luck.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: never felt so angry

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    You mentioned she doesn't do it for grandma - can she have a visit with grandma for a few nights so you can catch up on some sleep?

Hope you have a nice date night!

Would some form of bribery help?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    She is staying at mums tomorrow night but it doesnt seem to be something she sticks too. Shes an angel for my parents because my mum will happily read 15 books before bed and sit and have a 6 hr tea party but i just find it really hard.

Bribery doesnt reallly work, although i more take things away as opposed to offer them so could be a start?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    My ds is 2 BUT it is rude and inconsiderate to wake someone for something like 'pull my blanket up'.

He tries that at 4 and he'll find himself in a sleeping bag.

Op can you try a bed sock / sleeping bag or nightlite (or both?)

Is she allowed to come hop into your bed if she wakes?

With ds if he wakes during the night i am teaching him to come in and climb into my bed (rather than wake me by calling out).

Also maybe make some time after bath where you can snuggle, read books etc & re cap the day.

I understand how enraging constant broken sleep can be, ds is 2 yr 3 months and has only JUST started sleeping decent blocks of sleep in the last month
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    thanks, we tried a onesie for a while as before the blanket thing it was she wanted her shirt tucked in, i think if we did sleeping bag etc it would just be something else, also worries me a bit as its getting pretty hot. maybe a better doona though hospital cornered lol

I dont want her in my bed as she has always been a habit kid....she develops them hard and fast, if i let her in once, she will always want to come in and i am very anti-children in my bed unless she is sick or scared/one off type things.

we spent 5k on a one on one personal seminar with Sheyne Rowley in 09 and i was desperate and took on all the advice/journals etc she gave and now i feel terrible for not just listening and caring, i was wrapping her up so she couldnt move and listening to her scream herself sick through the night so sleep schools etc scare me as i really went wrong with it i really want this to be something i tackle myself.

we managed bath and bed with not much fighting tonight when i said goodnight she wanted to take her arms out and tell stories and put it off and i just said 'you have been such a good girl today please dont make me cross tonight and we will go to grandmas tomorrow' see how it pans out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default never felt so angry

Waking 4 years old , multiple times a night is a true nightmare when they were never like that to begin with. Regardless of if it's a phase or not of course we just want them to zip up, snuggle up and go back to sleep!!!
    Last edited by DQ; 04-09-2012 at 20:20.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly8329 For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: never felt so angry

How understanding is she? Could you explain to her that her behavior at night makes you cranky & sad?
    I would try and structure a bit of one on one time during the day & get a dull night light,
    As a child I would freak out without one

Sent from my T-Hub2 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

You don't need to have a child of the same age to have valid input. And you don't need to be in 100% agreeance with the OP to have a valid opinion either.

I think the OP is stressed and this is causing her to be overly aggro towards the 4 year old who probably wants attention. The purpose of this opinion is so that the OP benefits in the long run (no point just giving her fluff on here for a short term high). Benefit can be obtained by doing something to address the stress issue and spending quality time with the kiddo.
    Last edited by DQ; 04-09-2012 at 20:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you

Closed for cleaning.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345