Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default never felt so angry

I am furious at my 4 yr old. sooo mad.
    she keeps waking up randomly throughout the night just whinging....ive been able to ignore it even though i get cross. Lately she has been waking up as well and calling out to me to pull her blankets up. wtf? shes 4 ffs she can do that herself just fine!! if i say no then she calls out louder and louder and get me more angry. If i go in there and do it then she will keep doing it wont she.
    now she doesnt do this for ANYONE else. once shes asleep at grandmas she sleeps all night so why does she treat me like this?? i cant take anything else of her as punishment, smacking just makes her and me upset and when i shut the door she just gets more upset and i still hear her our rooms are right next to each other. Im honestly so stressed and tired of this its making me really unhappy i dont want to spend anytime with her coz she is just treating me like ****.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: never felt so angry

She isn't treating you like ****, she is 4. She just wants her Mummy. Little kids do these things, they want to be reassured again and again and again and again... Over and over and over sometimes.

Try to remember she is 4 and still such a teeny tiny person who simply wants to be near her Mummy... I know it's hard when you're tired as all heck...

***Sent from my phone***

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SilentSapphire For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (04-09-2012),Blue&Pink  (04-09-2012),Ceili  (04-09-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (04-09-2012),Gandalf  (04-09-2012),Gracie's Mum  (04-09-2012),missjess86  (04-09-2012),mrswhitehouse  (04-09-2012),threechooks  (04-09-2012),WorkingClassMum  (04-09-2012),~Marigold~  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

And wanting you to go in to fix her blankets screams to me that she is wanting to spend time with you and seek you're reassurance.

***Sent from my phone***

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SilentSapphire For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I can't type a proper response coz feeding bub. Sounds like she might need your attention. How much time do u spend with her during the day? How much of it is her getting your attention by playing up? My 4 year old wakes for the toilet and then wants us to lie with her. If hubby is home he goes if not she climbs into bed with me. That's what works for us. Sometimes she just wants a little help relaxing back to sleep and reassurance. I hear your frustration and understand but they r still little and can't really express their true motives. I think your daughter might just want her Mummy. I presume this is throughout the night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Ah yeah jasper screams out at night for no reason, it's driving us crazy because its such a startling wake up.

If you pull up the blankets will she just go back to sleep or is it just to get you out of bed? Is it frequently at night?

Can you talk to her when she's awake?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 04-09-2012 at 05:32.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh sorry similar to above response. Good night. My bubs asleep again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps you need to talk to someone face to face so you can get a better perspective. I know parenting when I am mad/tired/angry doesn't work as well. Try to step back, take some time out and then the solution might come. Easier said than done I know.

I try rituals with my child. Psychological tricks you could say. Like doing exercises before bed to help her "sleep through the night", or giving her a drink bottle to sip if she wakes up. You could also try a large sleep bag. A longer bedtime routine though tiring for you might prevent wake ups in night too. A new clock or bedtime toy might help too.

Take care of yourself and your little one who loves you very much xx

Thanks
    Reviews

We had the Same problem with my dd1. Drives you a bit mad when you are exhausted I know. We tried a sleep clock. That had stars on it, and counts down until a sun comes up on it in the morning. You set the times etc. it works if you properly explain to the child about staying in bed till the sun comes up, say they will get a treat if they make it all through the night- explain if they wake up and still see the stars on it they have to turn over and go back to sleep. Now it doesn't seem to work forever. But may break the waking cycle, and you will get to catch up on sleep and be able to think a bit clearer. I do you how you are feeling. X

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    I can't type a proper response coz feeding bub. Sounds like she might need your attention. How much time do u spend with her during the day? How much of it is her getting your attention by playing up? My 4 year old wakes for the toilet and then wants us to lie with her. If hubby is home he goes if not she climbs into bed with me. That's what works for us. Sometimes she just wants a little help relaxing back to sleep and reassurance. I hear your frustration and understand but they r still little and can't really express their true motives. I think your daughter might just want her Mummy. I presume this is throughout the night?
    ^^ this is what I was thinking. OP do you have a partner or are you single?
    I have a DD that will be 4 in December and sometimes she was begging to sleep in my bed or she would come in through the night with blankets and all (I am single). We have a movie night on Saturday nights that she gets to sit up past her bed time and we watch a movie together, is this something you could do with DD? Might help?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast