+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Tell me it gets easier...

Quote Originally Posted by Mahjong View Post
    Oh please let me come with you to the CHN if you ever go again chicky! I would have a LOT of fun with her

Good luck on Thursday, both your kids are happy lil souls as we saw last weekend at your birthday party, you have done awesome with them both xx
    Lol you saw katelyn doing her "who are you and what are you doing in my house?!"

Katelyn IS a happy baby... provided ALL of her hearts desires are met in a timely manner

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tell me it gets easier...

Hi,

Have you heard of a book called the no cry sleep solution by Elizabeth Pantley?

She's supposedly able to help babies sleep through the night even if they originally were being fed to sleep and waking up to 10 times a night.

Might be worth giving it a try!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Brolly sheets are great for keeping beds dry. We have 3 single ones for our 2yo (she is in knickers but occ has slip ups) and one for our bed that we pop on if she decides to join us.

I must say that NOT having DD2 in bed with us has been good in regards to feeding. She is in her cot next to me. Currently at 12wks we are doing a 7.30-8pm bedtime with feeds at 1am, 4.30am then up for the day at 6.30/7am. But if she is in bed with me - she feeds hourly. I also found that changing her nappy at each feed means she has one less reason to wake up unnecessarily plus it wakes her up enough to give her a really good feed Not changing it - and she is up again in an hour.

We do all day naps in pram/carrier or car capsule as it's easier to resettle in there.

Unfortunately for dd1 - she needed a strict routine (not my urging) and once we got onto that- she started doing 2hrly blocks during the day at 6mths.

But I've never left my babies to cry if I could avoid it.

Good luck. I love babies. But not when they are sick. Then I palm them off to DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Babies are sooo hard.

I can't imagine your situation getting harder.. surely!

Anyway... two products I'd recommend are 1: Brolly Sheets for Jasper ... saves stripping the whole bed every morning...

and an Ergo if you don't already have one. I have an 8 month old who has spent much of the year thus far wanting to be carried so I wham her in my Ergo much like a kangaroo does a joey and get on with it... whatever 'it' is.

These two products have saved me this year.

Hope I'm not being repetetive... I didn't read the whole thread!

Wishing things get easier for you soon! When the little devils don't sleep it's just awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Tell me it gets easier...

I have no cry sleep solution actually maybe I need to read it again!

And an ergo that gets lots of use

And I'll look into brolly sheets!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I have no cry sleep solution actually maybe I need to read it again!

And an ergo that gets lots of use

And I'll look into brolly sheets!

Thanks!

The NCSS didn't work for us - but it worked really well for a friend of mine, so give it a crack even if it didn't work for jasper.

Thanks
    Reviews

NCSS worked her for DD1 to stop sleeping on the boob. We used dr jay gordons night weaning plan at 14mths.

I've already got dd2 to sleep without nipple in mouth using pantleys pull off method at 12wks.

God love her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it gets easier. My middle child was extremely clingy, fed every 2 hours 24/7 until she was 11 months old, would only sleep with me, in my arms initially (admittedly she was only that clingy for the first ten weeks of her life but it was sooooo draining having a baby attached to me constantly. The only time she wasn't was when I'd shower in the morning, get in to my pj's in the evening and when the gym creche ladies held her in their arms so I could have an hour to myself sweating it out for an hour three times a week). The constant wanting me was draining, and then there was my oldest, who wasn't even 2, in the mix. It ended, it got better. By the time she was one it just got so much easier! She's 5 now and she is still an extra cuddly, clings to me at pre-school drop off kid but she is beautiful and delightful and such a joy. One huge benefit of having such a cuddly little girl was that at 2 and 3, we barely had to deal with any tantrums. As soon as she'd get angry or upset we'd just cuddle her and she'd calm down and then we'd talk to her about it. It was such a pleasant change from the tantruming/screaming 2 year old our oldest was!

Hang in there, it will get easier. Good luck on Thursday.

Oh and in my experience having the third turns you off babies for life...you look at other people's babies and just think 'phew, past that stage now.' Or someone will ask if you want a hold of their baby and inside you're thinking 'no, not really. It's your baby, you hold it.' I love my little boy but he definitely made me 1000% sure I was not having any more (and at nearly 3 he still wakes up almost every night.)
    Last edited by Wastingtime; 05-09-2012 at 20:14.