+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Tell me it gets easier...

She won't sleep for dp but she will settle for him. Like just then I needed to pee she just cried the whole time till now I'm rocking her to sleep. But if she's awake she's very happy to go to him. She does love her daddy she lights up when she sees him.

And I have trouble falling asleep with her in my arms. So now we are going through our nightly struggle to put her in her cot long enough for me to fall asleep.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

And yeah ergo is saving my back. I'm trying to remember to put her in it around the house because she's 9.8kgs so on my hip is damaging my back, shoulders everything feels out because I carry her on the one side all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews

((HUGS)) that was me almost 2yrs ago and I thought I was nuts for having a second bub - low and behold turns out I was utd with #3 as well!!! Good news though - I just knuckled down, figured it needed to be done, and now the kids and I have found our groove and what works for us and the house is a lot less stressed - don't get me wrong we still have our days (or weeks) where I think 'really?!? Why did I think 3 under 5 was such a good idea' but I think back only 12mths and see how far we've come and how much my bubs have grown and realise today isn't as bad as it has been in the past, take a deep breath and really appreciate them coz as cliche as it is they aren't this little again

sent from my happy place while I steal 5min for myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Same ally... as much as I do have moment's where I'm like "aww little babies are so cute" I do comfort myself with at least this is the last time.

Two crap sleepers I'm not brave enough to risk a third!

Don't !! I had two dreadful sleepers and went back for no 3 and he was the worst so far! DH and I have not had anything close to a full night's sleep in over 4 years. It's so damn hard some days. I love my kids and would throw myself under a bus for them but some days are so full on.

I look back a year ago though and think how far we've all come. It's tough when you've got babies and older kids as well at home, but it's so much easier these days.

DD1 is now 7 and the neediness is gone, but she's still a ratbag at bedtime. Honestly some nights I feel like I finally get her to sleep and an hour later I'm up with one or both of the other 2! I would have had another but my kids just don't sleep!
    Last edited by Sonja; 04-09-2012 at 00:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    This is her right now btw. Lol. She's just always ON me. *sigh*

It feels good to just vent.

She is gorgeous

*sigh* this is why I kept going back, despite the lack of sleep and lack of any ability to do anything alone 24 hours a day. DD1 was exactly like your DD. never slept anywhere but my arms for months on end. Now she's grabs her school bag and is out of the car before I've even undone my seatbelt, and barely waves at me when I leave her. They do grow up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (04-09-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Tell me it gets easier...

Mine are 5 and almost 4 and the sleep thing is finally better oh and my #3 is an awesome sleeper (in comparison to my first 2).

*this too shall pass* just keep telling yourself that

Thanks
    Reviews

So..... both of them have decided to get up at 4:30!!!!

Not cool.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It definitely gets easier. My ds is now 5.5 and he's so independent. He dresses himself, feeds himself (gets his own breakfast mostly & gets snacks, etc), he even feeds the baby for me (not all the time and only under supervision, but he's another pair of hands!). He's totally different from when he was 4. The change really happened towards the age of 5, although I notice in a lot of his peers it happened earlier for them ... and it was gradual from 4 - 5 for us. We didn't expect much of him at 4, not realising how much he could do for himself, once we encouraged that independence it really helped him in that area.

And your little miss will improve too. I was going crazy when my dd was 5 - 6 months old. She was serious hard work like your dd. Now my dd is 11 months old and has had 2 set daytime naps for many months and goes down nicely at 7pm nearly every night. Sure, she wakes overnight, but only once most nights. She's a busy little girl during the day, but loves playing with her big brother - they play happily together for ages. She's a lot more interactive with him now, in a more meaningful way - eg. chasing him, climbing on him, giving him toys, etc.

It's definitely different to having one child, but it does get easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine both improved around the 7 months mark. Not sure why. I also let them cry a bit more when they reached that age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tell me it gets easier...

Boobychino, I'm sorry. .. I'm feelin your pain re sleeplessness. DS is 6 months. He is waking to feed usually 4 times between 8pm & 5am (when he wants to get up). The cr@ppy part is that dd doesn't have a day sleep any more so no time to catchup..

As for the needing mummy, Is it constant all the time (I'm getting the impression it is) or could it be a wonder week? we have a variety of entertainment devices here because he only lasts 5 minutes in one. The Jolly jumper is his fave.

Huge hugs to you, it does get better, just takes time. You're a great mummy keeping up with the littlies!