+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Tell me it gets easier...

... lie if you must!!!!

So jasper is nearly 4, awesome kid, full of energy, but he's such a good little monkey. He wakes up early usually with his nappy over flowing so my mornings start with a scream "MUMMMMEEE" and having to strip him and his bed.

Katelyn feeds constantly at night, like literally all night, she wants to be held all day, barely sleeps during the day, and when she does I'm lucky if I get to put her down. She doesn't tolerate anyone else holding her. Im paying my 18 year old cousin to hold her 3 hours a fortnight but she won't actually let him hold her without screaming. So I get anything done.

But.... everyone keeps saying "oh, they grow up so fast!" "Enjoy this time when they are little!" Or variations of what I was told today "they are so much easier when they are that age!"

Katelyn was awake "today" from 2:45am till 3:45am, up at 6:30 and had had 2 naps under 30 minutes, one while held and one in the pram being pushed when that was said and a horrific thought occurred to me that this might get harder not easier.

Please just tell me it gets better.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hey well I am in a similar boat to you!
    My DS will 4 the day b4 your ds and our DDs are a week apart...
    I seem to take great comfort in the fact that I'm not having anymore bubsy boos!
    I think it will be challenging forever but in a different way
    In a few years we won't be able to get them out of bed, clean their rooms get them out of the bathroom! They will eat us out of house and home and prolly wont want anything to do with us
    I see your in QLD as well
    We should get our children together share/trade super mummy secrets

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherry18Bloss For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (03-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

It does

You certainly won't have to hold her while she sleeps when she is 18.

No, no, seriously, it does get better.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (03-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Lean on DH and keep ur relationship rock solid! Thats what I do

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherry18Bloss For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (03-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes! It gets better. And don't feel guilty for wanting to wish away the hard parts! DD1 was sooo hard as a tiny baby. I happily willed it to go faster and still do not feel guilty. She is the easiest 4 year old, and has been easy since she could get up and go!

The best part will be when they can both play with each other and tell you to go away before you ruin their game.

Always remember that everything seems a little darker on little amounts of sleep - you are still being a great Mum! Is there anything you can cut back on for a while to stop feeling that little bit more exhausted? DP do more things etc?

edit: DD1 didn't sleep and sounds like K is... it really is exhausting but yes it does get better. My sister and Mum rave about how easy newborns are but I find it a really hard time for me and I deal with toddlers better, and children even better. For THEM children get harder but it isn't how it is for me. Just remember you are different to all other mothers, and so are your kids and your relationship to them but I do think hard babies become easier as kids
    Last edited by TinyLittleTootsies; 03-09-2012 at 22:09.

Thanks
    Reviews

Is katelynn doin always feeding constantly at night or moreso more recently Peyton has just started up the 2am ish feed and I'm praying it's a growth spurt

Thanks
    Reviews
    My babies have all been easier than how they are now but I've never had to hold/feed a baby 24/7, so yes I would say it gets easier than what you are doing at the moment. I hope things start improving for you soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Tell me it gets easier...

How old is she? I'm not sure it gets better hahaha. No it does I think.. Its just day by day, week by week (on bad days its hour by hour) good times and crappy Times. I'm the worst person to answer this. I sleep on a mattress on the floor with my daughter so she can latch on all night, my partner sleeps alone lol poor guy. She is 15 months old. My 4 and a half year old took forever to toilet train and he is a really full on personality too. They both require a lot from me all the Time. I LOVE the way they play together now though. They are hysterical. Ds loves school and is better after a full day of activities. And awful if he watches too much tv. I find my life is really better because I work but dd isn't a little baby anymore and I felt she was ready to adjust to spending some time apart. She used to not even let anyone look at her, let alone touch her LOL.. my family would joke that my mum didn't cut her umbilical cord properly
    I find she plays heaps more now with her big brother and I find ds is pretty happy to have a little shadow. The house is always trashed and there is so Much laundry. I don't know how large families manage at all.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Tell me it gets easier...

Same ally... as much as I do have moment's where I'm like "aww little babies are so cute" I do comfort myself with at least this is the last time.

Two crap sleepers I'm not brave enough to risk a third!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does get easier, not easy though, just easier. I found when DD got a little more robust and not quite so baby (maybe 4 or 5 months) things started to fall a little more in to place. I won't say perfect as you want positive but the light does start to shine again at the end of the tunnel