+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default cradle cap and hair loss 5mth old

ds has had cradle cap since birth pretty much and i can clear it for a day or 2 if i lather olive oil on his head but i don't like him being so oily so i gave in and stopped doing anything just thought i would let it run its course

so i have noticed on the top of his head his hair has gotten way thinner.. he wouldn't be rubbing this part pf his head anywhere sp thought the cradle cap could be causing it??

does anyone know or have experiences?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    babies generally do lose pretty much most of their hair they were born with and grow their new hair. as for cradle cap, i used to put a little capful of olive oil on their head at bath time and use a proper cradle cap comb and comb it off gently, then rinse it off and wash his/her head with the baby wash... after a while you will definately notice a big difference. you just have to use the comb and pull it up and off the scalp. it doesn't hurt baby at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

My DS had really bad cradle cap - it was even on his eye brows. He did have hair loss - sometimes it seemed as though clumps fell out anytime a scab loosened on his head but he has a fabulous head of hair now. As a PP said it does grow back and often is just the first baby hair falling out.

I didn't do any specifically to deal with the cradle cap - DS also had terrible baby acne and sensitive skin - so we just stuck to washing in water. Time worked wonders and it eventually disappeared.

Thanks
    Reviews

We were told by our paed to use sorbelene cream and it worked a treat! Soak the head in it in the morning, then at night wash it out in the bath. Use a baby comb to get the loose flakes out.

The next morning they should be loose still so comb them out or lightly scratch their head to get the rest out

We found once it was gone it was gone. It was caused by us using products like Johnson and Johnson, Curash and Gaia.

We now use QV bath oil in her bath and only wash her hair once a week using Organic Care kids shampoo (we have a berry scented one in a pink bottle with a picture of a princess on it) and it hasn't come back!

Ditto re: hair loss.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: cradle cap and hair loss 5mth old

Thanks for the tips.
    Wow i was gonna change to gaia thinking tjats more gentle on ds skin but now i might just do olive oil or try qv too

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanx kim85 for this one - we've always struggled with this and can never get rid of it completely

CuddlesAwait - will give that a crack and see how we go

sent from my happy place while I steal 5min for myself

Thanks
    Reviews

My bub ha shocking cc and I used bicarb mixed into a thick paste with water and leave it on head for 30 mins before the bath. Wash it off and then use a soft toothbrush after to wipe away loose scales.. It works so well.. He does get it back in places but it's heaps easier to manage now..

Thanks
    Reviews

Our baby girl has lost most of her hair at the front through removing cradle cap! Her's was so bad that we did a treatment with cortisone and then manage daily with oil and combing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd list do much of her beautiful long baby hairs from removing cradle cap. She had it so bad & I could only ever get rid of it for a day or two & then it would be back best thing I found was coconut oil (from the health food store) as it was oily enough to get under the flakes, loosen them and make them easy to come off but it also soaked into her head way more than olive oil so she wasnt all greasy & horrible all the time.

Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews

My son had terrible cradle cap and lost a bit of hair. No matter what I did it just came back again. I used Moo Goo and it disappeared within a week, stopped using it completely after a month, and 6 months later there is still no sign of it coming back! And he has lots of gorgeously soft blonde hair now

Sent from my umbrella