+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Party food

It would be cool if your venue was set up with a whole heap of "testing" booths. It will provide your guests with not only something to do but a great way for your guests to mingle and talk amongst one another about something they are all willingly being involved in. Nothing beats fresh baked bread with tasty spreads lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Party food

Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    So you can't just organize with a mate or something to grab some meat and cheese platters from woolies/Coles and drop them off at the right time like duck home and bring them in. Something yum is mixing pretzels, nuts, dried fruits and m & ms together so you get a scoop of whatever out of the bowl. Also air con should be enough for a fruit platter if cut or go for mini fruits like baby mandarins, small apples, berries, grapes on vine, tiny pears etc assembled interesting on a platter. Chocolate fountain with dipping things like marshmallows,etc or cheese fondue with bread and veg crudités, you can get savory and sweet Danishes that are eaten at room temp. Bread/crackers with jars of gourmet spreads are an awesome treat. Like onion jam, strawberry butter, macadamia butter, etc. Another delight is fresh bread that is dipped into olive oil then dipped into dukkah and then you eat it.
    Yeh dips, cheese etc are out as club wont allow it. The spreads is a good idea - where would i get that from? Supermarket or like a gormet deli?
    Ill call into bakery today and see what breads and pastrys they can do!

Thanks for all the great ideas - i work fulltime and was away on the weekend so really limited to organisation time!!!

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Party food

I would seriously look at buying online you will probably be able to get them at a better price. If you don't have the time probably hit your local markets because anything you buy from a gourmet deli will most likely cost an arm or leg!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I would seriously look at buying online you will probably be able to get them at a better price. If you don't have the time probably hit your local markets because anything you buy from a gourmet deli will most likely cost an arm or leg!!!!!
    Yeh no time its this weekend!!! I didnt even this about markets - they are only once a month! Thanks for your great idea. I have my mum running around for them tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Party food

Lol I'm sure your function will be a success!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Lol I'm sure your function will be a success!!!!!
    Thanks!
    It's my 30th