+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What stretch mark cream / oil do you use?

I use Clarins body treatment oil. Used with ds now 2 and am currently 30 weeks with twins. Not one stretch mark so far. I think it does come down to genetics but I still massage like crazy after a shower!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I use bio-oil & palmers coco butter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was big on moisturising to begin with, hate dry skin!
    I used bio oil and body butter from the body shop and moisturised 3 times a day, couldn't stand my belly being itchy.

2 kids later and I don't have a single stretchmark
    My mum had 5 kids and she didn't either. Genetics apparently play a big part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmm I'll have to check with mum to see how she went with stretch marks! Mum doesn't get her belly out very often but when she has, I don't remember seeing any! But I got stretch marks on my thighs and upper bum during puberty and it wasn't as if I put on heaps of weight, I was a size 6-8 through most of high school! So maybe I'm just someone who is succeptible to them. Oh well, bye bye bikini ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews

I use Clarins oil and Clarins cream together. It's quite expensive at $70 each but all my friends who had used these products didn't get stretch marks. Also Clarins is very good for their pregnancy creams/products.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been using vitamin E oil and cream, both of which you get from the chemist, the have an orange sticker. The oil you need to mix with a moisturiser or another oil as its very think and sticky, the cream is much easier to use. I usually apply it after a shower (if i remember) or before bed.
    No Stretch marks yet (touch wood) at 36 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Hmm I'll have to check with mum to see how she went with stretch marks! Mum doesn't get her belly out very often but when she has, I don't remember seeing any! But I got stretch marks on my thighs and upper bum during puberty and it wasn't as if I put on heaps of weight, I was a size 6-8 through most of high school! So maybe I'm just someone who is succeptible to them. Oh well, bye bye bikini ;-)
    You won't necessarily get them during pregnancy if you got them during puberty. I got a few on my hips (and behind my knees??!) during puberty and none during pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews

When I hit puberty I was super skinny and still got stretch marks on my hips and boobies even though I did not gain any weight.

When I was pregnant with both my DD's I got them all on the inside of my thighs, hips all the way around to my back, all over my stomach, boobies, and arms. However with dd2 I gained absolutely NO weight besides baby yet still got a ton of stretch marks, particularly the ones on the inside of my thighs all the way down to my knees.

I think your either destined to get them or you're not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I used palmers cocoa oil, rose scent.

It worked until 36 weeks then got a whole heap of stretch marks along the underside of my belly.

Stretch marks are genetic / hereditary so there's not a lot of point in using these treatments.