+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Four year olds behavior?

My children are angels when separated which makes me think it's a behavior thing not a dietary thing.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    But maybe the diet could be the main perpetrator, but the key is having both children together as often siblings know how to push each others buttons. With a more natural diet, perhaps they wouldn't respond as aggressively, would be calmer and a bit more easy-going etc?

I don't know much about it, just a thought that came to mind when I read your post.

Good luck- my two boys are NEARLY 4, and I'm becoming very scared!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Four year olds behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    But maybe the diet could be the main perpetrator, but the key is having both children together as often siblings know how to push each others buttons. With a more natural diet, perhaps they wouldn't respond as aggressively, would be calmer and a bit more easy-going etc?

I don't know much about it, just a thought that came to mind when I read your post.

Good luck- my two boys are NEARLY 4, and I'm becoming very scared!
    I would be if I was you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    My 4yo is a challenge too, we have tried so many disciplinary methods and on a bad day it's a constant effort to keep her in line. She has good and bad days and there is a definite link between her food and her behaviour. I keep processed stuff to a minimum and keep her off wheat and a few other things, (plus she is dairy allergic). Her diet is fairly restricted but if I don't, she's a demon. For example we have been trialling Spelt bread the last two weeks, and she is waking up in the absolute worst mood, she's arguing with us, fighting with her sister, won't help or cooperate in multiple little ways, screaming and stamping her feet, throwing things etc. Anyone can tell you that it's all normal preschooler stuff, but in my experience when she is not responding to discipline, something has snuck into her diet that is making her behave like this. We also used kinesiology to diagnose her intolerances (allergy testing only showed dairy) and I learned a lot from fedup.com.au.

So we are cutting out the bread again and going back to our nice peaceful happy household. I know there is a happy child in there, we just have to feed her the right stuff to keep the happy on top

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**
    Ditto with my 4 year old. Gluten brings out her agro in a major way. But then she does have coeliac disease so we try our best to avoid that one for obvious reasons.

love your description of keeping the happy on top! haha