+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Who is a SAHM full time by choice?

I feel like the only person out there who chooses to look after my kids full time (no daycare) and not work. I am happy to look after my kids full time, it's no big deal. But it seems i am the odd one out these days iykwim?

Anyone ekse out there??????

(disclaimer: I understand many people have no choice but to work, I am not having a go at you. Actually Im not having a go at anyone! lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me! I'm at home by choice, we're lucky that we're in the situation that I don't need to go back to work plus if I did, it would cost me an arm & a leg in childcare fees!! lol
    Buy ya, I love being at home (most days!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I am, have been pretty much for 19yrs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh I do , my oldest has started preschool now though . We could use the extra money if I worked but to have them all in full time care would probably only leave us with enough left over cash for a takeaway !! But I still choose to be a full time stay at home mum as I don't want to miss a thing and my husband supports that. Choice , but I do feel old fashioned and as if I'm kind of looked at as dumb with nothing to say . I have alot to say , am actually desperate for a conversation about life anything except babies and tv ! But I am pretty much ignored as far as questions in a conversation go, it's all my effort . But that's the territory I guess. But I still love looking after my kids 24/7 and I'm lucky I'm able too.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm home full time with DD by choice. I really enjoy it.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Who is a SAHM full time by choice?

I am, tho I have to qualify it a little. I use occasional care 1 morn a week, which is exxy but mentally essential for me, and I can't really afford to go back to work if I choose to, childcare would eat up my salary.

But it was a definite choice for our family, for me to resign and stay home until the girls start school, we make sacrifices for it cos we feel it's the best thing for *us* (it's no skin of my nose what anyone else does). We don't eat out, have holidays, nice clothes, buy each other gifts etc. The reno & retirement have been pushed back, and at times I have almost lost my marbles but it's all worth it for us, I wouldn't have it any other way.

ETA I feel very lucky that we can make ends meet, I realise not everyone has that choice...

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I have been a full time sahm for 7 and a half years now. Dd1 and DS are in school now, and Dd2 starts kindy next year. No daycare. All by choice, and wouldn't have it any other way

Thanks
    Reviews
    From the 14th of December when I start maternity leave I will be a full time SAHM mum by choice YAY!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Yes, me. It's a choice for me, not a necessity.
    DF says I can stay at home for the rest of my life if I wanted, lol, but I think when all the kids are at school full time I will work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been a full-time SAHM by choice for 5 1/2 years. I don't need to work for the money so I choose to be home.
    This year, I do get some 'time off' as my youngest is at 3yo kindy 1.5 days a week and my oldest is now in fulltime school (pre-primary). Next year my baby will be in kindy 2.5 days a week so I MAY get a job, but only a couple of half days