+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ladies,

I think I may have been on this thread before, or maybe it was another...?? I'm not sure.

Anyway, I was browsing the threads and came across the post from you OurLittleBlessing, about the Four Corners show. I'm so glad to have found someone else who has seen this show.

It was a real eye opener. My DS was diagnosed at 2 years. No body, not my self, his doctor, the Maternal Child Health Nurse, friends, family, other mums - no one could see ANY autistic traits in him as a baby and small toddler.

I only became worried at about 20 months as his development had slowed down. I can not trace the exact time I noticed a change, but between 16 and 18 months of age, he was on 3 courses of anti-biotics. Now some believe this is a factor, some do not. Honestly, I have no idea what to think. I'd feel sick if my boy's autism was a result of something I gave him.

Anyway, to the point, I have done some research and I have decided to restrict his diet, like many of you are doing for your children.
    So far he is off all dairy and yeast (something I picked up on the net, a Dr from the US found this was a big component to autistic symptoms) but I am slowly weaning him off gluten, which is proving difficult because he only wants to eat Vitabrits in the morning!

Also, I have recently put him on the Inner Health Plus for Kids.

I have found some valuable information and some recipes at theglutenfreeassistant.blogspot.com and www.livestrong.com if they do not come up through the link, just google.

If anyone knows of other websites that can help, feel free to post!!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also a website called My Asbergers Child is also good.