+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Waverley Private

Hi can anyone comment on Waverley Private?
    Options, care etc?
    It says on the website they have baths in birth suite, can you water birth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my bub at Waverley in 2011. I had a private ob and they have 3 birth suites. There is a bath (I didn't use) but no, you can't have a water birth there.
    All rooms are private share and bubs stays with you. Found the midwifes to be lovely. I had my own breast pump in my room which I got from the nursery to use as well. Also, they are more than happy to have bubs in the nursery if you like, I put DS in a few times overnight to get more than 1hr sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The maternity section is quite small. I found most of the midwives helpful and they seemed more than happy to help you breastfeed, but if you wanted formula etc then didn't give you a hard time. The nursery has a pin code lock on it which is obviously good for security reasons. I found a few of the midwives took the time to help me and reassure me as I got the 3rd day blues big time and couldn't stop crying. Good luck with your interview.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi goldencrumble,

would you mind commenting on your private ob? I consider the Waverley private, but not sure who to have as an ob.

feel actually a bit helpless on how to choose an ob...looks like the best way is by asking friends/family ...(my family is overseas so there is no one I can ask)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure - My ob was Dennis Price. He is based in Malvern.

He is very low intervention which is why I chose him. If you google him he has a lot of very positive feedback on forums.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to goldencrumble For This Useful Post:

nevena  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also going to Waverley Private and would love to find out more about how good/bad it is.

My OB is Dr Peter Yong and I know another called Dr Anthony Lawrence. Yong practises in Noble Park and Lawrence in Glen Waverley and Malvern. Yong is very caring, personal and also affordable.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mom2TwoDSs For This Useful Post:

nevena  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you so much for your replies goldencrumble and mom2oneds

as mentioned I feel a need helpless and appreciate your advice very much!!!
    low intervention sounds exactly like what I am after!
    as I live in Dandenong Noble Park would be very close as well...although for a good ob I would not mind driving a bit further
    I will look into those obs and keep you updated

from what I understand at Waverley Private you defineytely get your own room - whereas lots of other even private hosp[itals do not garantee that.

mom2oneds -
    does Peter Yong also work in the waverley private ??? I was considering him as well...but I thought he works at St John of God in Berwick???

ps... I am still TTC ... but it is never too early to get organized - and from what I hear a lot of places and obs are booked out quickly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Dr Peter Yong has his clinics in Noble Park and Berwick. He used to deliver at South Eastern Private where i was supposed to deliver but the hosp closed the maternity unit down recently suddenly. So he now delivers at Waverley Private and I am going there, which I am perfectly fine doing so.

He also delivers at St John of God in Berwick.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mom2TwoDSs For This Useful Post:

nevena  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ditto on Dr Peter Yong! He is lovely! And it sounds like I've had the same experience as above, was at south eastern and then st john of god but once Peter added Waverley we changed to there as it's easier to get to for us and I really wanted the level 2 nursery just in case. Mom2oneDS we're due 2 days apart! Might see you there

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you mom2oneds !!!

that sounds great for me...planning to visit the St John of God for a maternity tour and the Waverley Private and Noble Park is close for me
    thank you very much !
    I heard about the South Eastern
    well main thing is you trust your Ob.
    when are you due ?

good luck and all the best with everything!!!