+ Reply to Thread
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Road Raging Loonies!!!

Wow. DH just called me and said that while he was driving today he noticed a white van going very slowly ahead. As he approached, the driver of the van smiled and waved DH ahead, so DH went around and then waved a 'thanks' back to the guy. DH said that the guy was basically crawling along the road (a 70km stretch) and he guessed something was wrong, it looked like he was about to break down or pull over or whatever.
    Anyway, DH continued on his way, noticing that the van had began to catch up and had followed him into the carpark of some nearby shops.
    DH got out of the car and the van had parked a few spaces up... and this "Big Fijian bloke" (DH's description!) jumps out of his van and approaches DH. Now DH isn't a small man and can handle himself pretty well, but this man was something else!
    DH- "What's your problem, mate?"
    guy- "If you f-ck with people, you're gonna die".
    DH- "What? You waved me through, I waved back at you, what's the problem?"
    guy- "Are you ready to die today?"
    DH -"You sure it's me, tell me what I did, mate.."

Guy proceeds back to his van, pulls the drivers seat forward and begins rummaging around for something. At this stage DH is thinking, here we go, he's gonna grab a weapon or something.. as the guy continues to tell DH to "get ready to die today".
    DH continues with telling the guy he has no clue what he did wrong, tell him what he did... then this guy freaks out and snaps, starts screaming at DH to "eff off, you home now, eff off"!
    So DH walks into the shops and the guy drives off. What a freak!!! How sick and scary.
    I said to DH, maybe he thought you cut him off? But no, he said he was crawling along, indicated to DH to go around him, even smiled as he waved.

The thing is, we have a "baby on board sticker" as well, whcih obviously made no difference.
    Bizarre or what?! *shudder*
    Anyone else ever encountered a loony on the road?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Thanks
    Reviews
    How strange! Maybe your DH should think about making a police report though? This bloke might seriously hurt someone, how scary

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's what i said to him, he should have got his plate number and called the cops. But you know how men can be, he didn't think to do it. I think this guy must be on drugs or something, completely off his tree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's so bizarre. Makes me wonder what he was reaching for. With all these reports of road rage bashings and things scares the crap out of me.

I would have got his number plate and made a report. He threatened your DH life. Scary stuff.