+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default So many emotions

I had a d&c two days ago. I'm out shopping with hubby and I go through a massive range of emotions. I got angry because I saw a woman with two kids around 11-12 and she was around 45 and pregnant. Makes me mad that she can hold a baby and I lost mine. Then I see a woman pregnant and I start crying. I just can't control myself. How did everyone else control themselves.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: So many emotions

I didn't. I just locked myself away for a few days and let myself feel my feelings instead of trying to hold it all in.
    *hugs* Be kind to yourself and give yourself some time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So many emotions

Thanks for the reply. I got a few more days off work I'm trying to rest but I get bored and over think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think that how you are feeling is absolutely normal.

I didn't attend a baby shower that was planned for 2 days after my d&c as I couldn't trust myself to hold it together.

And I didn't really hold it together. I did at times, but every time I was out somewhere and felt it getting away from me I had to leave. I did a lot of crying in the car on the way home from places!

Give yourself as much time as you need.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So many emotions

I had a miscarriage on Friday, so I understand where you are coming from. I think it's just something that gets easier with time, maybe...

I have a friend who had two miscarriages quite close and she really struggled with seeing pregnant ladies and babies in general for a while.

Go easy on your self, give yourself time to deal with the emotions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had the thought that I don't know what that random pregnant woman with kids has been through. She may have had a miscarriage or multiple miscarriages or required IVF or had a stillborn child for all I know. Just because they're pregnant now, doesn't mean their journey to that was necessarily easy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So many emotions

That's true. But when ur angry you just see black and white.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    So sorry to hear of your loss. You feelings are perfectly normal. My last loss was 2 months ago, and here I am, typing away, still crying about it. I can't look at babies, at the baby section of target. I can hardly talk to my pg relatives.... then there's the bitterness for parents that don't look after their kids properly....

What has helped is talking to other women who are gone thru it as well. No one can understand how much it hurts until you have experienced it, really like anything in life I suppose.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So many emotions

I had a D&C last night.
    I woke up this morning feeling very, very empty, sad and still in shock.
    We saw the heartbeat only 4 weeks ago and everything was perfect.

We had the meeting with the ob for the first time on Wed and there was nothing.
    Hubby got stuck at a meeting so I was on my own. I told him not to worry and that I would video the scan.

My body was still registering the pregnancy up until this morning when all symptoms have suddenly stopped.

One minute you are planning the next 9-10 months and now nothing.
    I turned 35 on Sunday and as I said before everything was perfect.

My heart goes out to you all. It is a very tough time of our lives.

I am remaining really positive that our little perfect baby isn't too far away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm really sorry to hear about your loss.

The reality is you can't control your feelings - all you can do is give yourself permission to rage, and to grieve, and to feel however else you feel. It's all part of moving through the stages of grief, and letting yourself feel them is far healthier and more healing in the long run than trying to bottle them up.

Over time, the hurt does get less raw. It's been 5 weeks for me now, and while it's still in my thoughts most of the time, I feel a lot more together. I still feel horribly jealous / sad / angsty when I see pregnant women, but don't feel like bursting into tears. Lots of hugs to you.