+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Worried about my OPKs

Hi everyone,

I am on my first cycle of Clomid this month after TTC since Dec 10 with no luck except for an early M/C in March 11.

Before I saw my FS I used OPKs every few months and all month that I was testing I would always get a clear faint test line when before and after I ovulated. I did get the LH surge during the months that I used the OPKs.

Anyway I stopped using OPKs for a few months before my FS appointment and now as I'm on my first cycle of Clomid I've decided to test again but this time around even though I haven't ovulated yet the test lines are much more faint than what I used to get and I guess I'm worried now because I don't understand why they are more faint than they were previously.

Could this be a bad thing that I have such little level of LH hormone in my system? There have been very very faint test lines in each test but I don't know how important it is to have certain levels of LH hormone in my system before and after ovulation.

Could this just be the batch of ovulation tests that could be the difference? The last time I used OPKs I bought such a large amount at the one time that it lasted me a few months so I also don't know if it could just be these particular tests.

I would love to hear some more experiences with using OPKs...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm guessing it's the tests. I bought a whole bunch of IC's online and never got a clear positive but I was definitely ovulating. I ended up buying the Clearblue ones where the digital smiley face comes up. No mistaking that one! I bought a new batch of IC's from a different supplier and I get definite positives with that brand so it may very well be just the brand you are now using.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

missy1000  (03-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply FirstTimeMummy

I've been feeling pain in my ovaries all day. Mainly on the right side and I've been sooo moody today. I got another neg OPK but it was slightly darker than it has been so far. There is definitely something happening. Fingers crossed...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems I was worried about nothing. I got a positive OPK tonight. This is the first time I've ever ovulated so early in my cycle. Usually I got a positive test between CD 23-28 so this is new to me. I've never had such strong O pains either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yayyyyy Missy!!! Did you get enough bd'ing to catch the eggy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope so We're going to get a bit more in just to be sure...