+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Support at home after c section?

How much support did you have after a c section? My husband will be home on leave from work with me for 2 weeks. I'm wondering if that's sufficient. I know everyone's healing is different. I'm thinking to have my mum or dad help after that if I need it but wondering what others found they needed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's a great idea to have your mum and dad as well.

It is 6 weeks until you can legally drive and I found that was around the time I was really back to being properly mobile. You are recovering, operating on limited sleep and any help you can get will make you heal better and faster!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I agree with babyla. My mum came around every second day just for an hour or more if I needed. Some days it was the first chance I had to eat breaky.

Thanks
    Reviews

If its your first than 2-3 weeks may be enough. Longer if you have other kids. I was pain free and driving after 2 weeks but everyone is different

Thanks
    Reviews

That is heaps!! Obviously all help is welcomed with a newborn but don't worry about the C-section. I was fine before leaving the hospital and was driving, lifting etc within 2 weeks of the op and could have done sooner if I wanted to. It really is very straight forward these days.
    Good luck with your new LO x

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh, and on the driving thing... You can drive as soon as you feel up to it. It isn't illegal, it is just that your insurer may not cover you, although all you need is the OK from your Dr and then you will be covered. Easy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    Oh, and on the driving thing... You can drive as soon as you feel up to it. It isn't illegal, it is just that your insurer may not cover you, although all you need is the OK from your Dr and then you will be covered. Easy!
    You're right. My insurer wouldn't cover me and I didn't get dr ok. It did suit me not to drive though.

Thanks
    Reviews

My hubby had 3 weeks off when we had our 2nd child it was enough time for me to get over the c/section!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks everyone. Mum doesn't drive and we live 40min away so it would be dad doing most of the work I guess I didn't want to have to do that too much if we can handle things mostly on our own. It's our first so we don't have other kids. Hubby can always work from home if I'm struggling too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was fine on my own after 2 weeks with dd. this time I'm planning to have more help, more with dd then new bub.