+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Why is induction so bad?

Everyone always seems so negative about it and it's making me nervous. I'm booked in to be induced on 9 Sept at 40+10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I think people just don't like the idea of it because it can start of a cycle of intervention - eg. Usually you'd need an epidural, which can mean forceps or vacuum might be required if you can't push.

Bubhub made me worry about all this way more than I think you need to. I went into labor naturally but needed the synctocin near the end, and an epidural, and it was great. I would definitely have an epidural again.

Good luck and just think about how you get to meet your beautiful baby soon! The doctors and midwives know what they're doing xo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

As a pp said, when your body isn't physically ready and you artificially induce labour it means you don't progress and you can end up needing a whole heap of other things.

Didn't really bother me, at 10days over I was totally over pregnancy and at the size of dd I don't think she was coming out other than via the emergency csection I ended up having. When I think of the state my lady bits would have been after her actually coming out of my vagina I thank my lucky stars

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think there are a few reasons. The main one is called the Cascade of intevention. Induction often puts the contractions far closer together and the pain is more intense. Women are then more likely to want an epidural. The epidural then slows down labour and you sometimes don't know when to push. This can then lead to c/s.

http://www.preciouspassage.com/d/int...erventions.htm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Why is induction so bad?

I had one for dd1 and went naturally for dd2 and the difference for me personally was huge. For me the induction was far more painful. In hind sight I think it was because my body was being made to do something it wasn't ready to do.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

For me.... More painful!

Thanks
    Reviews

For me it wasn't about the intervention, it was more painful, If I had my time over again, I would still get induced I would just educate myself more before being induced so that I wasn't bullied into doing things I didn't want to do, eg: being on the bed, and not being able to get into the shower for pain relief. :-) its not au much the induction but more (for me) not knowing what I can say yes and no to totally :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    My biggest fear was induction, only because I was sure that it would start a cascade of intervention and end in a c-section. So when I ended up needing to be induced, I was terrified.

My birth was amazing! My waters were broken and I was put on the drip, but I was able to remain active whilst still being monitored and it was great.

My body was ready for birth though - I was already in early labour, I was bleeding and my hindwaters were leaking, so the induction just kicked things along.

I'd love to go natural next time though - just to see if it's true that induced labours are more painful. I hope so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    THere are still 7 days until your booking, alot can happen in 7 days.

It is good that you are asking questions. If you haven't yet done so, do some reading on all the interventions that you may be offered, the risks, benefits and consequences of each. Henci Goer has some good articles that are evidenced based.

Induction simply for being 40+10 doesn't make sense to me, if there are no other issues, when a normal pregnancy can be 37 - 42 weeks. But, it might work for you. You have to be comfortable with your decisions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Google cascade of intervention