+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default BEST and WORST sleepers?

The girls have been all over the place...
    Started sleeping through just after they turned 1.
    Were having 2 day naps and would still sleep 13-14 hours a night. Then just before they turned 2 they started erring night terrors and we were up EVERY hour, lasted about 6 months.
    Now at 3 they don't have day naps and are awake by 6am at the latest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

DD1,2&3 were great sleepers they slept 12+ hours basically from birth..

DD4 comes along sleeps 12+ hours from birth until 16weeks then we were getting between half to hourly wake ups from midnight onwards. She's now 28weeks and has just started sleeping through again except last night where she woke 7 times ahhh

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Ds1 was terrible woke every 45 min-1.5 hours round the clock, I got one 5 hour block of sleep in the first 6 months. After sleep school he slept fine until 18months when he started again. We started co sleeping and he slept fine, the transition to his own bed was relatively easy and he only wakes now when he needs to go to the toilet or wants a drink.

DS2 we coslept from the start so he was an awesome sleeper, his transition to his own bed has been harder but he was younger than ds1 was. He sleeps the whole night in his own bed next to me now.

DD has been an awesome sleeper, co slept from the start and at 1 she sleeps in her own space on my bed 10:30-6 only waking maybe 2-3 times a week for an early morning feed.

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD2 our third was our best sleeper we brought her home from the hospital able to self settle and she slept pretty well from birth.

I said she was our reward for DS and DD1 who were bad sleepers he had colic and was a party animal, she had reflux and lactose intolerance so was uncomfortable all the time hated being held and would only sleep in the swing.

DD3 our 4th has been our worst she slept no more than 4hrs at the very most in 24 hrs and always broken until was she was 10.5 months. then we figured out she has food sensitivities her symptoms had kept being knocked back as bad colic and bad sleeper. Basically wide awake, cranky, uncomfortable baby with a tummy ache not a lot to go on She still doesn't sleep great compared to most her age but soooo much better than 13 months ago, the rare 10hr nights are great! She's just turned 2 today I assume some day she'll sleep better for now I sleep when I can

So I've had both the good and the bad and the downright ugly (me from the sleep deprivation lol)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: BEST and WORST sleepers?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamAwesome View Post

DD3 our 4th has been our worst she slept no more than 4hrs at the very most in 24 hrs and always broken until was she was 10.5 months. then we figured out she has food sensitivities her symptoms had kept being knocked back as bad colic and bad sleeper. Basically wide awake, cranky, uncomfortable baby with a tummy ache not a lot to go on She still doesn't sleep great compared to most her age but soooo much better than 13 months ago, the rare 10hr nights are great! She's just turned 2 today I assume some day she'll sleep better for now I sleep when I can
    What are her food sensitivities? I bet you weren't expecting an even worse sleeper for your 4th. You poor mumma!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I've got four kids.
    second born best sleeper. 0 /2 weeks. wake every 4/5 for a feed. 2 weeks old sleep through every night forever more for 12 hours straight!!!!!! if sick teething or overnight sleeps even.longer. had day sleeps about 2/3 hours till he started kindyat 5yo. 9yo now still sleeps great.

Mr worst sleeper. child #3. woke every ten minutes of his life till around 1yo. im not kidding every ten mins. would scream for anything from 5 mins to 60 mins. then from 1-2 prob woke every 30 mins of his life. still same deal with screaming. from 2-3 would wake every 2/3 hours and spend at least 2/3 hours every night screaming in middle of night. 3-4 yo wakes 2-3 times a night. prob 2-3 screaming episodes per week. now 4.5 wakes prob twice a night maybe one screaming episode a week. maybe even a fortnight. if sick or overtired doesn't sleep. always gone down late like 10/11 even gotten up early like 6

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I got the best and worst in one!

Little miss slept through from 6-12 weeks and had nice long day sleeps to barely sleeps during the day unless held and wakes a trillion million gazillion times a night from about 4 months and continuing to get worse

Jasper was always a crap night sleeper, slept through the first time at 3 years :-/ but was a good day sleeper until 20ish months. Then dropped day sleeps.

I've been considering reinstating my old username "sleeplessbeauty" lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub