Closed Thread
Page 49 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    That would make it so hard to know when you ovulate! The more I read about peoples stories the less optimistic I become about getting a bfp on my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    Thanks Ladies, I might give it a little longer (definitely not a year if I don't have to). If AF comes back I'll try on my own for a few months, if not then I'll be at the doctors. I don't have a specific gp here in Brisbane that I like yet. If anyone has any recommendations I'd be grateful.
    Hi beccaboobang,

I'm also in Brisbane and haven't found a gp I like yet. Have you tried Healthy Women Medical Centre in Toowong? I am thinking about trying them as I have heard some good things about it, but nothing in regards to PCOS. I have suspected PCOS and have been ttc for over 12 months. I moved to Brisbane at the end of last year and I would really like to find a gp who I am comfortable with and have the PCOS confirmed etc. (I'm 99.9% sure it is PCOS but there is always that little bit of hope I might not).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I haven't tried Toowong. I live on the South Side. I had a friend recently recommend the Sunnybank Medical centre. I was confirmed with PCOS in 2010 then in 2012 a different doctor said he didn't think I had it but couldn't explain my AF issues and I still had 15+ cysts on each ovary. I really didn't appreciate the doctor saying I should feel myself lucky I don't have AF and enjoy it while it lasts. So I would really a doctor that has dealt with PCOS before and will be sensitive to my needs. Let me know how you go in Toowong if you try it out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't live close to Toowong either but am thinking of driving the extra distance to try them. I can't believe a doctor told you to enjoy not having AF!!! Totally insensitive! I will definitely let you know when I do try the Healthy Women medical centre. Good luck with whoever you try!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kcooper For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (27-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't tried Toowong. I live on the South Side. I had a friend recently recommend the Sunnybank Medical centre. I was confirmed with PCOS in 2010 then in 2012 a different doctor said he didn't think I had it but couldn't explain my AF issues and I still had 15+ cysts on each ovary. I really didn't appreciate the doctor saying I should feel myself lucky I don't have AF and enjoy it while it lasts. So I would really a doctor that has dealt with PCOS before and will be sensitive to my needs. Let me know how you go in Toowong if you try it out!
    Hi becca, I haven't been on this thread for a while but still read along. I've found women's wellbeing at greenslopes to be a great practice. They can be a bit more pricey but they take their time and go above and beyond. Plus the gp I see there was happy to refer me to an FS after trying for 8 months. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks Trouble! I'll add it to my list. Congrats on your BFP in January!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Trouble! I'll add it to my list. Congrats on your BFP in January!
    Thanks. Unfortunately I'm in hospital for the seventh time at the moment with hyperemesis. So sometimes coming back to this thread reminds me of how much we wanted this bub and how hard we had to try - just helps to put it all in perspective. Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to misstrouble For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (27-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Sounds awful but it will definitely be worth it when your baby is in your arms! Feel better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been given an eviction date for bub!! My OB checked bubby again yesterday and bubby still won't engage. The OB has said because of my family history and Mum not being able to give birth naturally due to her bone structure as well his physical exams on me, he doubts very much that I would be able to give birth naturally even if I did go into labour and he doubts very much that I will go into labour.

So it's a booked CS and I trust my OB fully and feel that from his experience, he is making the best decision for the safety of both me and bubby. I'm booked in for next Tuesday and I can't wait!!! This time next week I will be holding my miracle bub in my arms

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww yay!!! May baby!! congrats fp!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to miss_petepie For This Useful Post:

familyplanner961  (30-04-2013)