Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck purpz!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to miss_petepie For This Useful Post:

Purpz  (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok, well hubby and i went to FS last week and got all the blood test ect. I got a call from FS office to say that my Thyriod test come back and mine is 2.9 they sent me a script for Thyroxine. the nurse said that 4 is normal but they want mine to be at 2.6 i'm a little confused with all this , well overwhelmed is more the word. i have another appointment with FS on 12th April to get more test results ect in the mean time i start taking theses tablets and see what happens. Can anyone give me an insight on Hypothyroidism and how it has effected you TTC journey.
    Last edited by trcka84; 18-03-2013 at 15:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

This is my very 1st post, I have been following and reading along with all your stories, I'm joining in to receive the support from you all, as you all know only too well what I'm going through.

Im currently on my 1st cycle with metformin and clomid after TTC for years without any success, I was diagnosed only in January with PCOS however I believe I have had it for many years, I did get tested 3 years ago but the tests came back neg. Me 26 and DH 28

I'm currently on day 10 of my cycle, however my af was only very light, so I'm not sure if it was even an af??? However I still did take 50 mg clomid day 3-7 in case as well as 1700 mg metformin, because this is my first actual monitoried cycle after not having regular periods my whole life I'm not sure what too look out for or how long it will take for my next af?

Lately TTC a bubba is all that is on my mind, it's doing my head in, in a sagi so I'm very impatient!

Love to hear from you all in a similar sisuation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Bubba Gold. Hopefully your TTC journey is nearly over and your bubba comes soon. My experience of clomid is that you have to be aware of when O is happening to ensure your timing is right. My first OBGYN told me to just BD around CD10-12 when I first started clomid but that was useless advice because I wasn't Oing until CD19.

What kind of monitoring are you receiving on clomid? Hopefully your FS has you booked for a few scans to pin point O time. That way you can find the best time to BD. I got PG under my new FS on clomid and he was doing scans as well as regular blood tests.

I also did BBT monitoring on fertility friend website and used OPKs to pinpoint O time. This helped me a lot but some women have complained of becoming more obsessed with the TTC process whilst using these techniques and I have to say I was pretty obsessed. I was constantly scrutinising my chart LOL.

Anyway good luck with your first (and hopefully last) round of clomid. Hopefully you can catch that egg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope you don't mind if I join you?

DH and I have been together for almost 6 years and married since November 2011. I went off the pill at the start of August last year and I've had one proper period since then (November).

We had our FS appointment on Friday and while everything is absolutely perfect with DH I've been diagnosed with PCOS and her plan for me is to start on Primolut once I get my blood test results back today confirming I'm not pregnant. That will bring on a period and then I will start on 50mg of clomid.

Looking forward to chatting with you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks family planner and welcome Teeja

i see your in dapto, I'm seeing dr James in wollongong

i bought the O tester maybe baby but yet to see any change in terms of O

At the moment I'm only having a bt on day 22 to see if O has occurred but think I might ask about scans aswell?

i am so obsessed with testing as well but still only new to it all so I guess I need to be patient and see how this first cycle goes, and because I'm not sure if my af was the real thing it's very hard to track!! If I could count how much I have spent hpt I think I could have paid for a holiday haha!!! It's very life consuming but it's all I can think about

who are you seeing fb if you don't mind me asking? Not long to now until you meet your little bubba

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trcka84 View Post
    ok, well hubby and i went to FS last week and got all the blood test ect. I got a call from FS office to say that my Thyriod test come back and mine is 2.9 they sent me a script for Thyroxine. the nurse said that 4 is normal but they want mine to be at 2.6 i'm a little confused with all this , well overwhelmed is more the word. i have another appointment with FS on 12th April to get more test results ect in the mean time i start taking theses tablets and see what happens. Can anyone give me an insight on Hypothyroidism and how it has effected you TTC journey.
    I was in the same boat, although I was only put on Thyroxine after I got pregnant. I was the same in that I was low but not low enough. Anyhow, from my understanding being on thyroxine can help reduce the risk of miscarriage. What dose were you put on? I was only on 50mg a day, a very minimal amount.

Unmonitored hypothyroidism can also cause brain defects although I think that is only if you have really bad hyperthyroidism.

Some information - http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks...roid_preg.html

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MINIRoo For This Useful Post:

trcka84  (19-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Out of here ladies! Sick of seeing OP's get attacked by women with too much time on their hands! I posted this last night:

"Ahhhh......when will grown women learn to have differences of opinions rather than enforcing theirs to be the "right" one.

Just another thread for a witch hunt and biatch fight! Tsk Tsk"

And have been given a warning by RaryGirl!! Screw this ****!!

Good luck to you all, I really sincerely hope you all set out to achieve the ultimate goal of TTC. Big hugs! Good luck to those who I have watched travel this journey and succeed! I hope your little angels bring you lots of joy and happiness xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlsy View Post
    Out of here ladies! Sick of seeing OP's get attacked by women with too much time on their hands! I posted this last night:

"Ahhhh......when will grown women learn to have differences of opinions rather than enforcing theirs to be the "right" one.

Just another thread for a witch hunt and biatch fight! Tsk Tsk"

And have been given a warning by RaryGirl!! Screw this ****!!

Good luck to you all, I really sincerely hope you all set out to achieve the ultimate goal of TTC. Big hugs! Good luck to those who I have watched travel this journey and succeed! I hope your little angels bring you lots of joy and happiness xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    No merls! Don't go!