Closed Thread
Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trcka84 View Post
    Hello to all you lovly ladies on here,

I'm loving reading all your stories on here. Well unfortunantly i to have a story to be added to here and i looking for help, support and positive vibes in my new chapter in my TTC story.

Well, my DH and i have been married for 3 years and 5 months and have been TTC pretty much since then. I went to my GP and i have been referred to a FS. I have had mu blood test and my DH has to "**** in a cup" as per the words from our GP. My GP is 98.99% positive I have PCOS.

What i'm searching for is some advise as to what might happen in our first FS appointment next Tuesday. I'm really stressing about this (and i know that doesn;t help).

I look forward to talking with all you lovly ladies and you get the you all deserve.
    If your FS was anything like mine, they will look at your results and then do some tests of their own before committing to anything.

The sperm tests the FSs tend to do are more in depth than the ones the GP does. They will probably also set up some 21 day monitoring, to see if you are ovulating.

They may also make you do a Glucose Tolerance Test to see if you have any insulin resistance.

Be prepared to get given lots of information.

Find out as much as you can about Clomid/Metformin/PCOS/Ovulation/Basal Temping/Endo etc before you go so that you don't get overwhelmed at the meeting and you can ask questions.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MINIRoo For This Useful Post:

trcka84  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to my diabetes education session yesterday and they talked about different carbs and how you need to spread them across the day. They also showed us how to use the blood glucose tester. Even with all my years of dieting, it seems a bit much for me. I never eat much after dinner anyway and my dieting ideas reflected that everything else could be eaten in moderation throughout the rest of the day.

They want you to have small snacks between main meals. It's just a bit tricky fitting it in with working full time. This week, I have test my glucose levels one hour after each main meal until I see the dietician again next Wednesday. If she is happy with my readings, this will drop to every second day.

In other news, I had my early growth scan yesterday as well and DH and I got to see our little man again. The ultrasound tech confirmed that he definitely has boy parts and he is above average growth but still within the normal range. I have another scan in 3 weeks to track his progress.

I can't wait for maternity leave. I'm so lacking the energy for work now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by familyplanner961 View Post
    In other news, I had my early growth scan yesterday as well and DH and I got to see our little man again. The ultrasound tech confirmed that he definitely has boy parts and he is above average growth but still within the normal range. I have another scan in 3 weeks to track his progress.

I can't wait for maternity leave. I'm so lacking the energy for work now.

I have mine in 10 days and have 15 days left of work! Can't wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woohoo - I got a call from the FS rooms today and have gotten in to a cancellation appointment for tomorrow instead of the 28th March!!!!!!!

I'm really pleased because tomorrow is CD12 and O is approximately CD17. So if the Clomid has been messing about with my lining - there is still hope that something could be done to make this a more successful cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ...... <------deleted post with ranting and raving here lol!!

Anyhow - we're back on the TTC wagon. To resume with HiCoSy test and CD3 bloods for FS....DH too. Oh yeah - he's good for now - nodules aren't growing so yay, time to get this baby cooking lol

MIL unfortunately has breast cancer and is fighting every day with radiation therapy. Another reason why we're back on TTC wagon - when someone with cancer asks where their grandchild is - you BD!! lol

So where is everyone? FP? How's Jnr cooking? GF? Oh and where's Shackles pics?

Hope everyone's travelling well!!
    Last edited by Merlsy; 12-03-2013 at 21:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay welcome back Merls!!
    Sorry to hear about MIL but great news on your hubby and exciting that you're back TTC.
    All going great here, 21 weeks today! I'm feeling very lucky that my treatment all worked out relatively quickly and so far pregnancy has been a dream. We also found out we're having a little girl and couldn't be happier. Can't wait for July.
    All the best for your journey this time round 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh a little girl - how exciting GF!! So happy for you xx do you have favourite names yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to see your back at it merls I hope the treatment for the cancer helps and gives your family more time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck merls! I'm almost at the 12 week mark now but it hasn't been the easiest road. I've had four hospital stays for dehydration from severe morning sickness. But a scan by the hospital showed bub is perfectly fine. I never knew it could be this bad! But hopefully worth it all in the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back Merls I know what you mean about your MIL. When my MIL was so sick last year, the only thing I wanted in the whole world was to give her the good news because I knew she wanted grand babies. Unfortunately the good news came too late but I'm sure she's looking down on us.

Pregnancy is starting to get rather uncomfortable. Back aches, breathless and so tired. I can't wait to have bubs on the outside. 8 weeks to go!!!!