Closed Thread
Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone also explain to me if my body temp chart and how the body temps let you know when your ovulating? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    BBT charting shows a consistent fluctuation in your temps to illustrate the stages of your cycle. Your temp will generally remain low until you ovulate and then show a sustained rise after ovulation. Your temp will then start to drop again if you're not pregnant. One temp is not indicative of anything really. Fertility Friend website only confirms ovulation after 3 consecutive days of temp rises. I hope this helps Sandra?

Here is a link to my chart to illustrate: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35e332

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIRoo View Post
    They do sound very light. I think mine were about 4 days max though.

Definitely lighter than normal. Not sure if it was a side effect of the clomid though as I was only on 25mg.
    I was kind of hoping that someone else would say they had similar and ended up with a little bubba anyway..... lol - probably a bit of a reach but was hoping anyway

AF ended up being 1.5 days of flow and 1 day of streaky CM.

Oh well.... just have to wait 4 more weeks to see FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks family planner 961! Took my second clomid tablet today and still no side effects so happy because 1st week of metformin I had nausea and upset stomach and now metformin no more side effects and nothing from clomid so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a bit of a roller coaster with clomid. I started with an OBGYN and my first round of clomid was 50mg and I didn't O so she upped it to 100mg. I got a positive ovulation test that month and a temp rise but it was deemed not to be a clinical ovulation.

She then increased it to 150mg the next month and I O'd on that but didn't catch the egg. I continued on 150mg the following month but did not O at all so she increased it to 200mg!! 50mg and 100mg weren't too bad when it came to side effects but from 150mg, I was having horrid hot flashes and was an emotional train wreck.

After she increased it to 200mg, I decided that she really had no idea and I wasn't getting monitored apart from a day21 blood test and I didn't think that was enough monitoring considering the dosage so I made an appointment with an FS.

I was CD9 on the 200mg cycle when I first seen him and I could tell he was quite shocked at the dose I was on and told me that he rarely even attempts 100mg cycles let alone 200mg cycles. He did a scan and said that nothing was happening and that my lining was really thin so even if I O'd late, the chance of implantation was very low.

He said that after that cycle, there was to be no more clomid and he would do a lap & dye and ovarian drilling to check my tubes and rupture some cysts. I was pleased that he seemed a lot more proactive with solutions.

After the surgery, I naturally O'd for the first time in years! It was a late O on CD25 I think so he said that as my lining looked a lot better, they would try me again on 50mg of clomid and see how I went. I wasn't too pleased with this as I was very pessimistic of actually achieving ovulation at this dose but decided that I had to try all options before moving on to IVF.

Sure enough, the first cycle back on 50mg of clomid I O'd! I didn't catch the egg that cycle but learned to listen to my FS. I then did another cycle of 50mg, which was to be my last before looking at other options and that cycle resulted in my little belly baby who is due in 10 weeks. My FS is now my OB for the pregnancy and I think he's fantastic and only sad that I wasted so much time with my previous OBGYN.

Sorry for the massive post but I often liked to hear about other's clomid journeys while I was going through it. My one piece of advice is to go with your gut and if you have doubts about your doctor, don't sit on them for too long. Find someone that you feel comfortable with.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to familyplanner961 For This Useful Post:

MINIRoo  (04-03-2013),nirok  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks familyplaner.
    No need to apologise for the long post - it is so helpful hearing other people stories because it's the only way to find out information. No-one talks about it IRL of course.

So good to hear you got your little bubba on the way out of it all.

I'm a bit scared of a surgery..... I've never had one ever!
    But after doing all my googling since I noticed light AF - I'm wondering if that's going to be the next default step for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was really nervous about the surgery but it wasn't that bad at all. It was only day surgery and the pain afterwards was no worse than period pain. I had 2 days off work after the surgery but probably could've gone back a day earlier. I think the ovarian drilling really helped to get my ovaries working again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to all you lovly ladies on here,

I'm loving reading all your stories on here. Well unfortunantly i to have a story to be added to here and i looking for help, support and positive vibes in my new chapter in my TTC story.

Well, my DH and i have been married for 3 years and 5 months and have been TTC pretty much since then. I went to my GP and i have been referred to a FS. I have had mu blood test and my DH has to "**** in a cup" as per the words from our GP. My GP is 98.99% positive I have PCOS.

What i'm searching for is some advise as to what might happen in our first FS appointment next Tuesday. I'm really stressing about this (and i know that doesn;t help).

I look forward to talking with all you lovly ladies and you get the you all deserve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No AF.. And no major metformin side effects...

Still increasing though.... It's only been 2 weeks but I'm severely impatient!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol I'm really impatiens too....the days just can't go any faster today I will be taking my last clomid tablet and just hoping I ovulate still no side effects on clomid which is great. I hope it's the same if I need to up the dosage on both metformin and clomid next month. I'm on 50mg clomid 2 tablets of metformin. Have a great week ladies!!