Thanks very much xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC No 1 with PCOS chat #5

Metformin day #2

Slight tummy upset
    Peeing more often
    Twinges in left ovary not long after taking pill

I'm on a half a tablet once a day at the moment.

Feeling confident things might be working already.

Weighed myself at a friends place and have supposedly lost 10kg in the last few months... Am sceptical lol

How's everyone else doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi ladies, how's everyone's travels going?

Thought I'd check in and say Hi!

Thanks for all of your kind words. MIL had surgery last week and they removed two tumours and lymph nodes only for it to come back from pathology that they didn't take a large enough perimeter so she was back in the other day for more surgery - radiation to start first week of march. Fingers crossed!
    As for hubby, his nodules in his lungs are concerning due to previous melanoma, after rigorous testing we still don't have an answer - yay or nay to cancer. They're being monitored every month to see when they're big enough to perform a biopsy on - don't even get me started on my thoughts on that lol!!

Here's our latest addition to the family: Dyno (yes, named after the car tuning device lol - what can I say, we're revheads)

Fingers crossed for you all, and loads and loads of baby dust!! xx
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Oh merls what a crappy run you have been having. Fx it turns around for you dyno is very cute! Dig the name as we are car nuts too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dyno is gorgeous

I think the powers that be have decided that my pregnancy has been going a little too easy so they've thrown in a case of gestational diabetes. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised considering the PCOS and being overweight but it's still upsetting.

I'm trying not to let it get me down though because I know it can be managed with diet and exercise but it's just so hard to meal plan and exercise around work. I'm so tired after work that I get home and rely on the easy options. I've dieted plenty of times before but it's always been diets designed around allowing everything in moderation so this GD diet seems rather strict in my eyes.

Other than that all is going well. Bubba boy is kicking around like crazy and I'm feeling like a beach ball with legs LOL. 10.5 weeks to go until I meet my little miracle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Merls - Dyno is super cute!! A little bit of joy to focus on

FP, that's no good about the GD. I worry that I would be the type of person to get this given the PCOS and me being overweight. What was your weight before you were pregnant and how much have you gained throughout the pregnancy (only if you don't mind me asking)? I'm trying to monitor my weight gain, but I'm feeling so awful that the only foods I can stomach are carb foods like bread, potato, etc.

We have our scan this Thursday which should hopefully date us at 8wk 3days if everything is progressing from last time, the time feels like it's creeping by and I just can't wait to get to 12 weeks!

Purpz, the metformin symptoms were horrible for me, but you should feel them ease up once you've been on the medication for a month or so. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Merls - Hey there - omg that puppy! We saw the most beautiful tortoiseshell stray (cat) the other day... If we didn't already have 8 pets I'd have taken her... So friendly... And her ginger spots were almost pink... So pretty!

FP, that's horrible! You will get through it!!

Del, I'm on half a tablet once a day for 2 weeks, then increase. My symptoms are extremely mild... Wondering if I might do the increase today rather than next Monday since I'm coping just fine?

Is that a bad idea?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi again everyone!
    Familyplanner yay for 10 weeks to go!! I am convinced I will end up with GD as well but thankfully a few weeks to go before that test. I saw someone else on here who was all worried at only 50kg but with PCOS - I thought what is she on about, as if she'll have it but then she did! I started at 56 and now about 58 at 19 weeks but I don't exercise and feel I eat a lot of carbs and sugar so reckon the odds are not in my favor.

I had a bit of a scare Fri with a bleed and turns out I've got grade 2 placenta previa but all good now. We also found out we're having a little girl!! Very excited and bought two cute little outfits today.

Hope everyone else is traveling well. Sorry to hear you're struggling with metformin Purpz- make sure you're on sustained release, and Merls I hope your family's luck turns around soon love. Take care all

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Hope everyone else is traveling well. Sorry to hear you're struggling with metformin Purpz- make sure you're on sustained release, and Merls I hope your family's luck turns around soon love. Take care all
    I've not heard of Placenta Previa...will read up, you're ok though?

Yaaay to baby girl!

The Gyno did mention looking at the sustained release once I'm up to 1500mg.

The side effects are very mild atm... So I might do the dose increase this week to half twice a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Della- Don't mind answering at all. I'm 165cm tall and weighed 84kg at the beginning of the pregnancy. I've put on 11kg so far and weigh 95kg.