Page 29 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by nirok; 04-01-2013 at 07:38. Reason: Double Post

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time popping in to this thread but I wanted to check if anyone with PCOS taking Clomid knows the answer...

I'm only on my second cycle of Clomid and last month I took it CD5-9 and I O'd on or very near to CD17 of a 33 day cycle.
    This month I accidentally took my Clomid on CD4-8.

I tested using a Forelife OPK and think I have a positive result however I am only on CD10.

Does anyone know if taking Clomid a day earlier can make that much difference in O day?

I also started 1500mg Metformin in the last fortnight. Does that make any difference also??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay congrats KJ!!!! Love seeing BFPs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to familyplanner961 For This Useful Post:

kjswantstobeamum  (05-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Nirok. I was on clomid and I took it CD2-6 and would O around CD18-19. I wasn't on metformin at the time. I have heard that it can make you O earlier though. CD10 is pretty early for O but I would definitely BD just in case because it isn't unheard of. I would also keep monitoring with OPKs over the next week just to be sure it wasn't just a surge. You can occasionally surge and then O later in the cycle.

What kind of monitoring is you FS providing? Bloods, scans?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC No 1 with PCOS chat #5

Hi nirok, my opks (oracle) say to wait until 3 days after taking clomid to test as it can cause a false positive. I've never tested it out but maybe forelife is the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Familyplanner - just CD21 bloods to confirm O because I don't have enough time around work to do much else at the moment. But I'm ok with that because the first cycle was just fine. I'll have to google what Metformin can do to O as well then. As far as I was aware I was on the Met because of my insulin resistance so hadn't looked in to what else it was doing.

I didn't know that about Clomid and OPK's misstrouble... I took my Clomid the morning of CD8 and tested about 7pm on the evening of CD10 - so there was nearly 3 days between.
    I tested this morning CD11 - not FMU of course - and still have a nice clear line matching the control darkness. Hmmmmm...

After last month not being able to BD when I though I O'd - I had already committed DP to be BD'ing pretty much every day from CD10 until I say stop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to say I'm still here......and no BFP.

I'm 7dpo on my 6th and final month of clomid. Do any of you ladies have some good news? Where are all the oldies? On the pregnancy threads I hope

I never get reliable results with OPKs, so I just rely on the scans. It's tricky with PCOS because generally your hormones are out of whack so it will throw the OPK results.

Good luck ladies

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi ladies sorry its been so long!

Hi everyone! Sorry its been so long, been very busy over christmas and new year!

I am one of the oldies off here but am not very active on here! Will try harder I promise. I need to read the whole threads to see where people are at! Need a roll call lol.

I have been very busy after having my little man George Byron G. on 05/12/2012. He was born at the Bris Mater hospital after less than 3 hours of labour and only 2 panadine (not even forte) lol.

i had a very easy pregnancy and birth and am so happy! I want to say to you ladies never give up ever. It's so worth the struggles, the fear and anxiety, the crazy drugs, injections and all. We all deserve this and when your frustrated with it all and everyone seems to be getting pregnant and people say your time will come and you just want to slap them try not to actually do so lol they are only trying to help and are in most cases correct!

Here is a pic of my fella who took years of trying a year of fertility and is my rainbow baby!!!

And hugs and to everyone

Fresh out and very bruised as he came so fast and hit my pelvic bone.

More handsome every day

Four weeks here and so amazing!

now five weeks and so gorgeous!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to littlejoeyg For This Useful Post:

MINIRoo  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Littlej he is so cute! Nice to hear of the success stories.

Ainsley it's hard when the clomid doesn't work onto the next step for us

I still haven't had AF since sept but its not strange for me.. Bah! Stupid bodies

Thanks
    Reviews

He's so gorgeous!! I'm still battling away with securing a 'normal' AF. Had AF for 36 days last cycle, now I'm on CD21, no temp spike and spotting!! Grrrr...need a new set of ovaries/uterus lol!!!

FS is still needing testing on CD3, a HyCoSy after AF and bloods CD21, just to get a clear indication of what's going on, but first I need a 'cycle', it's Murphy's Law!!