Closed Thread
Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard good things but unfortunately it didn't work for me or smooth out my cycles they were still crazy long. I tried acupuncture for maybe two months oor more before I started on clomid. But it's worth a go otherwise u will never know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for your input everyone, we are definitely going to give it a go so we can say we've tried everything.
    It looks like we're moving on to fsh injections and iui now - the scan this morning showed on cd 16 that the biggest follicle after 2 rounds of 5 days of clomid is only 15mm. So back for another scan tomorrow to see if there's any more growth, and then injections if needed ready for iui on Saturday or Monday. It's nice to know the FS is willing to throw everything at me to not waste a cycle but its a little daunting too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First iui done this morning so for a lovely Xmas present. Now it's just the 2ww, and I definitely can't test early because I have to give myself another ovidrel injection on Wednesday to hopefully help things along and that will give a false positive. That's one way to stop my poas addiction!

How's everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC No 1 with PCOS chat #5

Fx miss t! I hope Santa brings you a lil squishy present

How did you find the iui process? I think that's next for me by the sounds of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    It wasn't too bad miss_petepie, I was worried after finding a hsg scan very painful a few months ago but the iui wasn't any worse than a pap smear. The worst part was the timing, because I don't seem to respond to clomid consistently so I had scans two days in a row then was told it couldn't wait another day so had to rearrange work at short notice. I'm definitely finding balancing ttc with the rest of my life. But its a small price to pay though if it works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you feeling Misstrouble? Did you do injectibles with the IUI? How did you find them?

Reading about IUI it doesn't see that the success rates are any higher than trying naturally if you don't have sperm issues....so I'm not sure if I can justify the expense?

Did you try other options beforehand? Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry to jump in Ainsley but just thought I'd say, we had no sperm issues so persisted with 5 rounds of injectables with timed intercourse (much to my annoyance during that time) but finally got a BFP on round 5!! It can happen and obviously now I'm thrilled we didn't spend extra money on iui. All the best with it!!
    Last edited by greenfairy; 04-12-2012 at 13:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ainsleyp - I was lucky and didn't have to go on to injectibles this round, the FS thought I would need to because after 10 days of clomid the biggest follicle was only 15mm, but when he scanned the next day it was up to 19mm so I only needed an ovidrel injection to trigger. The nurse had me give it to myself because I need to give myself another one tomorrow for "luteal phase support" (I'm still not sure what it does?). I initially didn't think I could do it but it wasn't that bad so I figure I can handle it tomorrow.
    I had the same question about expense too. My FS explained it to me by saying the chances with clomid are 20% per cycle, and IUI adds 4% to that and he wants to make the most of each cycle by getting as close as possible to the 30% pregnancy rate in the "normal" population. His other reason was that even if DH is in the normal range (although on the lower side) sperm fluctuates all the time so you want to make sure they are as good as they can be at the time. And it turned out lucky in a way because the sample DH gave on the day had low motility compared to the last two tests he had done so we might have a better chance.
    I think I would have thought twice though if it hadn't been so close to the end of the year - we wanted to make the most of hitting the medicare safety net before it starts again in the new year. If I don't get lucky this month then we've only got 2-3 cycles left before the FS wants to move to IVF, and we don't have PHI so money will be a big issue. Right now I'm trying to work out how long the ovidrel I get tomorrow will take to get out of my system before I can do a hpt - I'm very impatient!
    Where is everyone else up to at the moment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hi ladies. Hoping you can help. I am TTC atm and whilst I have a son. He was a lovely surprise so I am still learning about how my PCOS affects my fertility for us now. I was diagnosed years ago.

I am seeing the doc tomorrow as I wanted to get some tests to confirm my PCOS now. My symptoms are really not inline with dr google and haven't had any missed cycles for months. Other than cysts showing on scans I can't really see the impact.

Are there things I should be asking. I'm curious about these blood tests and levels some of u seem to get checked? Is that related to checking hormone levels etc?

Just not sure where to start and don't want to waste my time at the docs if there is more I should be asking for.

Tks. xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Your blood tests will conform if you have either PCO or PCOS.
    Your levels of testosterone, insulin, androgen and estrogen will all be affected if you have PCOS.

With TTC, your doctor should be running Day 21 progesterone tests for a few months to get an idea on if you are ovulating, he should also be requesting you take your basal body temperature daily to monitor your cycle. PCOS is a very popular syndrome in women these days, makes you wonder - "is it the hormones they pump into chickens?!?"