Closed Thread
Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Oh honey I'm sorry. I would tell him to give you a definite timeline or date to start again, and decide if you can handle that.

I wonder if there's something else bothering him? Could you go to a counsellor together?
    Thanks rainbow, a timeline is probably a good start. A secondary reason I'm so upset is that I absolutely hate my job at the moment and looking forward to a bub gave me some hope for something happier. I've stuck around for the mat leave and now I'm just stuck in a miserable rut with no end in sight.
    Counselling would be good too. He did have a step-daughter in a previous relationship and losing her broke his heart, I think that has had a deep effect on him.
    Thanks for listening rainbow, how is your countdown going?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC and not wanting to move #3

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    I'm totally heartbroken. DB just told me has wants to put the baby thing on hold. Can't stop crying and don't want to be anywhere near him right now. He was the one who brought our plans forward and now that I'm all excited and feeling happy about things he snatches it all away from me. He's 38 and I'm 34 in December, if he's not ready now when will he ever be ready!?He says he's worried about the financial side of things but he spends so much on stupid things, it's so frustrating.What about what I want? What am I supposed to do now?Sorry about this, just had nowhere else to go
    I bet he is scared, that's how men react... They run as they can't get emotional. Talk to him, reassure him and remind him you love him. Come up with answers, if he says he's worried financially so you will never be ready but come up with a budget or something. Don't give up, he wants it he is just scared....

*hugs*

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MissFaery For This Useful Post:

calicocat  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TTC and not wanting to move #3

good luck tomorrow loonylea bond girl and bubbles fingers crossed for you all...

calicocat maybe he's freaked himself by over thinking everything I do that quite a lot and see a psychologist everyone and then helps keep my head right :-) a counselling session would be a great start especially if the thing with his stepchild has issues that may not have been dealt with...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemgem05 For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (11-09-2012),calicocat  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    I'm totally heartbroken. DB just told me has wants to put the baby thing on hold. Can't stop crying and don't want to be anywhere near him right now. He was the one who brought our plans forward and now that I'm all excited and feeling happy about things he snatches it all away from me. He's 38 and I'm 34 in December, if he's not ready now when will he ever be ready!?He says he's worried about the financial side of things but he spends so much on stupid things, it's so frustrating.What about what I want? What am I supposed to do now?Sorry about this, just had nowhere else to go
    So sorry calicocat. That must be so hard. I would definitely talk to him and find out why he's changed his mind. Fx you sort this out with him soon.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

calicocat  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles1984 View Post
    This is probably a stupid question but if you get a bfn the day before af due does that mean it'll stay bfn?
    I don't think it's over til AF arrives

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck bond, loony and bubbles.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    That's great...2.4kg per twin at 34 weeks is really fantastic. Wow, she has her work cut out for her! Will you get some practice in, Lil Smurfy, before your baby arrives?
    I've got practice in with her previous 4 kids. She definitely has her work cut out for her.

Surprisingly, I came out of there happy and not depressed. They are absolutely beautiful. They are small, but they don't look premmie, just small. I always said I'd have kids when she was finished having hers. She's now done, so I'm confident my BFP is just around the corner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MissFaery and gem, I guess he must just be a bit freaked out.
    I know money is a big issue for him, I just wish he would be more careful with it. I think I'm going to have to do a budget to show him we can do it.
    If everyone waited to have enough money saved before having kids nobody would ever have them.
    Thanks so much for your advice.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to calicocat For This Useful Post:

gemgem05  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh Calico, that sucks I really hope your DH is just having a short-term freak out and he will come around soon.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

calicocat  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Sorry to hear calico its devestating when partners change their mind about ttc. Especially when you have already started, it's way too hard to stop when you have made plans for the future revolving about ttc and having a baby

Hugs x

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaJez For This Useful Post:

calicocat  (11-09-2012)