+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Don't feel like I ovulated with IUI

So my last cycle (which was my first IUI) was a weird one as we were trying to suss out the right etc so it ended up being 5 weeks before I started my tww. Towards the end of injecting (before triggering) my follies were looking good but my hormones suggested I already ovulated. This apparently couldn't have been so as no follie was big enough. Anyway, I triggered then we DTD (didn't do IUI in the end as I had 3 follies and semi freaked out over the idea of triplets) and then 10dpo AF arrived. So it was all very weird, but now I'm questioning if I actually did ovulate at all. I'm currently in my second IUI cycle, on day 18 of injections and feeling quite despondent. Has anyone else experienced 'weird' things on their first IUI cycle? It's just I'm feeling like this second cycle is already a write off and I haven't even triggered yet!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi littledove!! I think it's highly unlikely that you didn't ovulate after the trigger but wondering if you had a day 21 blood test to check - about 7 days after your trigger to check levels of Progesterone. I didn't have one for my first cycle but did the last 2.

Sounds like you're driving yourself crazy with this cycle. I was surprised to read the other day that they started you on a lower dose than what you responded to last cycle? I started 50 the first, 75 for the second and 87.5 for the last one and cause that worked I'm back on 87.5 now. the first few cycles are very much trial and error as they try to figure out what you'll respond to without getting too many. Maybe cause you got 3 last time he's trying to go slow to avoid that this time. Doesn't help with your work situation though.

Sorry that you're finding it so frustrating. I really hope things start happening for you soon. Don't let it get you down and try not to over analyze haha!! I'm sure Ben is doing what's best for you. Enjoy your Sunday arv xx

Thanks
    Reviews

My first IUI was cancelled because I took too long to respond and at my clinic once you've gone past a certain number of days they cancel at no cost to you. I decided to go straight to IVF so started on puregon and they kept upping the dose and I only had 1 follicle - switched to IUI and I'm currently watching my 7 mth old son roll around on the floor in front of me!

I was feeling so low after the first cancelled cycle and then being on doses of up to 150 of puregon and only getting one follicle but it all worked out.

Good luck with your journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks both, that's the weird thing, greenfairy, I am now on a higher dose than what I 'ovulated' before, which is making me nervous about going back tomorrow for a scan as I have a feeling I'll have loads of follies! Ah well, I guess we will have to wait and see. I didn't have a day 21 BT last time but perhaps I should this time

Thanks
    Reviews

Sometimes that's just how it happens littledove so don't be freaking out. Maybe just ask Ben for the bt for piece of mind and so you've got something to reference in case it doesn't work out this round. Also try not to dwell too much on last cycle, nothing you can do to change that one now. Can't wait to hear how you go tomorrow, hopefully you're nearly ready to go!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

My first iui cycle was a waste of time. Have first bloods day 12 which appeared to show I had already ovulated so fs said we could do iui that day of we wanted as still a chance of conceiving. Well af arrived only 7 days later! Second cycle was on clomid. Found to be ovulating day 11 but had 3 follies so fs refused to do iui for risk of multiples. Hubby and I decided it was a risk we could live with so dtd anyway and now we are 5w6d pregnant with a single bubba. So iui didnt work for us but wasn't needed in the end. My ovaries just need a little push which I had suspected all along.

Thanks
    Reviews

Little dove i know how it feels when you're doubting if everything is right and when you are spending lots of money on treatment. I ended up having quite heated discussions with our fs as I felt I wasn't being listened to on a number of issues. I'm glad I did because I don't think I would be pregnant now if I didn't insist on some tests and treatments