+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Zakmick - what awesome numbers fingers crossed for fab fertilisation rate in the morning. Were you really bloated and I bet you are quite sore.

AFM had scan today and FS was very happy. Apparently the increase in meds are doing there thing - he thinks I have around 9 follies between 11-14 with some smaller ones as well. I have another follow up scan on Monday morning. I am really happy with that - last time only had 4 follies and I am not one that gets great number of follies and eggs. I will probably have EPU on Thursday.

Hi to everyone else - I am not up to much on the couch watching the footie and that is about it.

Have a good nite all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (22-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies

I have been trying to read every couple of days but this morning sickness doesn't allow me to do much of anything....but I'm still thankful for it!! Lol

I hope everyone is doing well and I see we have some more BFPs which is great!!! We had our 8 week scan on Wednesday and both babies are looking great, both with a heartbeat of 171! Still trying to stay realistic that anything can happen at this point but trying to stay positive and know God will take care of everything. Thanks for all of the support and good luck to everyone!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LKeith For This Useful Post:

lilbabysteps  (23-09-2012),Zakmick  (22-09-2012)

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Got the call this morning, 17 of the 21 were mature and were fertilised yesterday. We have 10 that have survived overnight, transfer has been moved to Wednesday as the 10 are going strong. Wont get another update till Monday. Feeling a bit better today, no pain just uncomfortable from my bloated belly.Fx for Monday !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great news, Zakmick! Keeping fingers crossed...

LKeith - Glad everything is going well for you too! The scan must have been a big relief

Sel - Happy Birthday! Hope all goes well with ET today. Keep us posted xx

AFM - AF started today, so now on CD1. Groundhog day! Starting Progynova again tomorrow, and have scan on Monday. This will be our last cycle of the year, as we'll take a break in Nov/ Dec if it doesn't work, and regain some sanity!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

lilbabysteps  (23-09-2012),LKeith  (23-09-2012),Sariele  (24-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girlies, so for the absence. My proper computer is saying hard drive failure...oh oh. But its still working and we have back it up, well we hope!

LKeith - that is great news.
    Ja hope you are doing ok? Im sorry, this journey is rough with many speedhumps, hurdles and mountains!

Mimi77 how are things going for you?

Midnite that all sounds good. FX for EPU thurs x

GirlX my dear friend I have everything crossed for you for this one. xx
    Thanks for the birthday wishes Girl X. I had a lovely weekend, especially for someone not wanting to turn hmm 3-5. Oh dear, oh well, its here now.

AFM - I have two nice looking blasts on board transfered saturday morning, so will be the bestest bday present ever if one or both sticks. Dear Universe, I would really like that...
    Had acupuncture each side of the transfer and still have the little sticky ball things in my ears for calming. Not sure that its working though, was a complete cow to DH yesterday. Poor thing. I swear the progynova and crinone and Sel dont make a good combo.
    Well if eating was a sport Id be a champion. I am sooo full from 4 days of lunches and dinners for the birthday I didnt want to celebrate and its continues. I should have just had one party and got it over and done with.

Oh and as for the fresh cycle - so EPU mon 17/9 got 12, 11 were mature, 8 fertilised, 5 were biopsied and frozen. Biopsy results sometime in the next 2-4 weeks. We really hope we have a couple of normal ones in there and we dont need them til we want a sibling! So Im pretty happy with that, considering my slightly dodgy eggs and DHs very dodgy sperm. The frozen stuff clearly still works better for us!

everyone and sorry if Ive missed anyone. BH is being a bit naughty lately!
    x

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (25-09-2012),LKeith  (25-09-2012)

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh goodness I'm slack! Hope everyone is well, and coping with the strains of this journey.

Zakmick I hope your bloating has gone down by now, soo annoying! 10 is fantastic! How have they fared since then? We'll be having transfers on the same day, for both of us.

GirlX for the bfn, and having to gear up all over again. Sometimes it can be too demoralising to face, chasing the dream is harder than can be put into words. How did your scan go?

Midnite how did your scan go today? Lots of healthy follies I hope?

Lots of positive sticky bub vibes being sent to you, Sel. Hope the tww goes quickly, and doesn't drive you too insane! for your new bubsicles, too!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (25-09-2012)

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jaandaw View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    I've been distant, usually post from my phone but it's not working. I have deactivated my FB account because I just couldn't deal with the accidental pregnancies anymore and we've had a huge shock re: our IVF journey and I feel really alone. So apologies for just jumping in after not posting for ages, but I'm thinking bad thoughts and need to get it off my chest....

My DP and I went into IVF 12 months ago essentially by "choice" as a same sex couple wanting to use unknown donor sperm. My DP was planned to carry, as she had no fertility issues, spot on 29 day cycle, spot on ovulation date each month, whereas I am significantly overweight and have PCOS. I am also the "bread winner", and am on contract to contract at my teaching job, so no maternity leave, but DP is permanent, eligible for mat leave and earns less so makes sense for her to be having time off to have baby.

12 months down the track, excellent egg pick up, 6 A grade 5 day blasts, and doctor telling us "you will definitely get a baby or two out of these" we were so cocky, and just assumed it'd work first go....second go.....third go....still BFN.

Saw FS yesterday, (3 embryo's transferred since April, all BFN's, one failed to thaw so 2 frosties left), and he starts with, "Wow, 3 transfers of excellent embryos and not even a hint of pregnancy, there must be an implantation issue". 10 minutes later we're bawling our eyes out at the prospect of having a "Fertility Issue", when we thought we were the "lucky ones" choosing to do IVF, not being forced to due to issues.

So, apart from the FS being a complete "c word" yesterday, the devastating news of potential NK cells is totally breaking us and we have NO idea how to feel or what to think or even what to do next. The only thing we can agree on is changing FS, and this will be a wait as we only have 4 to choose from in Canberra. That said, easier emotionally to get my head around this journey knowing we won't be seeing "c word" again.

Has anyone else had a diagnosis of NK cells? Has anyone felt so hopeless, broken and shattered that they just want to give everything up? Has anyone else thought that perhaps this is "karma" for bad things you've done in your life?

I'm thinking such bad thoughts, blaming myself, thinking maybe I'm just not supposed to be happy, have a family etc etc.

Again, sorry for the me post.....

PS-Yo Teach has sent request to join FB group. It's me under a different name, (as I've closed my other account).
    My heart broke for you as I read this, I've been right there and remember how hard it was to have the floor taken out from under you.

Dp and I were very confident going into ivf, as we thought it was just a case of needing to bypass his vasectomy. Our fs was very positive, and because I've had a pregnancy before we all thought I was fine fertility wise. Two bfn's and an early miscarriage later our fs called a halt and sent me for further testing. After many months, millions of bt's, biopsy, MRI and my brain slowly melting from all the waiting, we found out I have high nk cells and mthfr. I felt every single emotion you described, and was absolutely lost, couldn't grasp how we were meant to make this work.

Just remember though, that even though it's freak out territory for us, there are proven and simple treatments for nk cells. It's overwhelming to start with, but every new test that is done gives us more information on how to tackle our issues. I have every faith in my fs, and am incredibly grateful that she stopped us from putting our beautiful embies into a hostile environment so early on in the process. I've heard of quite a few who don't 'believe' in nk cells, so won't test unless talked into it by concerned patients.

Im on a fairly gentle protocol right now. Took antibiotics at a certain stage of my last cycle. This cycle I'm on aspirin, antibiotics, prednisolone - a steroid, and megafol. this cycle works, but if not we'll analyze and tweak until we get it right. Side effects aren't awesome, but it's going to be worth it!

It's too late for me to know if I've gotten everything in this post, but feel free to ask questions! Oh, just remembered. The immune issues thread is very helpful, and the ladies there are all very knowledgeable, but I found it intimidating in the amount of very intense treatment most of the ladies are going through. I made a decision to be aware that I could end up going through those treatments, but hope that we will be successful before getting to that stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Katherinelouise - you offer some very good thoughts and advice there xx GL to you with the more gentle treatment plan.

Im working on the principle of distraction this time so far, thankfully there are lots of shops to visit (not chemists for those evil pee sticks) and also lots of weeds in the garden

Hang in there everyone
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this thread has gone quiet due to Bubhub issues or the FB group, but hoping somebody is around to help!

I'm having epu tomorrow and did my ovidrel trigger last night at 8pm, but this morning I woke up with some spotting... has anyone else had this? I'm freaking out, but am scared to call the clinic in case they cancel my cycle for the second month in a row!

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,
    sorry its hard getting on here now without the application.

impatient, did you end up calling the clinic?? Hmm i dont why you would be bleeding. Sorry I hope you got some help xx

Katherinelouise how did ET go? We put two back in an expanding blastocyst and morula, unfortunately out of the 8 left we got nothin to freeze. very frustrated!!! The bloating has definitely settled, not totally gone but its manageble. When is your BT mine is 9th oct