+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom #2

Hey girls, does anyone know much about provera? My cycle was cancelled last month after 6 days of stims with no trigger, and now AF us over 2 weeks late. FS has suggested provera, but I think it's virtually the same as the implanon which I had in for 9 days about 5 years ago and sent me instantly crazy, almost suicidal. I also have strong reactions to the pill, so am slightly concerned about taking it. Anyone with any info? Any other ideas on how to bring on AF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - are u changing clinics/FS as u weren't happy where u were? Sorry u may have posted previously about this. Best of luck in Brissie - I'm at QFG and very happy with them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks girls. I will be ok, just a pain! More cysts and an extra wait now. Sometimes it just feels like I will never be a mum

Impatient81, I take provera to bring on AF, it the only time I actually get AF! Haha! I also really react badly to the pill... We are talking depressed, crazy, self harming, suicidal reactions. And I have NONE of these when I am not taking the pill! I have NO issues with depression or anxiety normally... Ever... But on the pill BAM I am thinking about killing myself and lying crying on the bathroom floor cutting my legs! I HATE the pill!!! Hence why when my fs said "you need to take the pill for at least the next month to see what the cysts do." I was like "ummm no". Problem is that provera is only a progesterone tablet great for bringing on a withdrawal bleed but not good enough to regulate hormone levels to reduce cysts apparently... Boo!! Might have to take the pill after all... At least it's only for a month and I will keep an eye on my mental health!! Anyway my point, is that provera is fine for me, maybe a little snappy, but nothing at all like how I react to the pill... You just takes it for 7-10 days and then wait for your period, easy!! Although, have heard of a few ladies hating provera because it makes them feel crazy... Trial and error I guess. Make sure you discuss it all with your doc!!! G'luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wunsi View Post
    Hi ladies. Had my scan this arvo. All went well. Bubs is measuring spot on with heart rate of 148. They did find a hematoma next to bubs, but after measuring and doing 3D imaging it seems ok as bub is growing well. Just go for follow up as per normal schedule of scans, so 12 weeks. We are very relieved.

Anyone else with news? I feel like its a good news day ������
    Wunsi It really was good news day..... I got my BFP yesterday!!!!! OMG

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lilbabystseps - Yayyyyy!!!!! So happy for you. Great news! How exciting. When do you have your first scan?

Zackmick - Fingers crossed for EPU next week!

Mam - Lots of these for you. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough intro to IVF which - let's face it - is a horrible process at the best of times. Hope you don't have to go on the pill if you have such a bad reaction to it. xxx

Sariele - I'm sorry you got a BFN. You sound positive about the next cycle though, and that's good you can get going so quickly. Are you in Brisbane? Where are you thinking of going?

Impatient - Sorry, I've never had Provera. I don't have AF naturally, but I always get given the contraceptive pill to bring it on - which works for me.

AFM - 7dp5dt. Yes, I am pretty much giving a daily countdown! Sorry everyone... Still haven't tested though. DH and I are going away for our anniversary (which was on ET day last week) tonight, and I was thinking about testing this morning as it could be a nice surprise on a celebratory day.

Decided against it, as he said that he didn't think he would be that excited about a BFP until we see a scan with a good HB (after the last mc), so I figured it wouldn't be that nice a surprise in that case! And then if it was a BFN I'd probably feel sad. So will keep holding on... (for now)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

lilbabysteps  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbabysteps - yay and a massive congratulations! You guys must be over the moon.

Sorry to all the other ladies who got their BFN - what a roller coaster this journey is.

AFM - I'm 8dp3dt and will prob take a BT next mon 24th. To be honest I'm really not thinking I'm pregnant this month - it's actually hard to imagine that ivf will work for us on the first go after TTC for close to 10 years. Far out I sound synical - and I know I should be positive but it's really hard! Will the crinone, prognova and ralovera I'm on stop me from getting my period ie does AF show up once u cease these meds?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mimi77 For This Useful Post:

lilbabysteps  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks girls and also big hugs to those that didnt get their BFP this month *HUGS*
    Girl x, my scan is in 3 weeks Monday 8/9 super excited 1 or 2 I wonder?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi77 View Post
    Will the crinone, prognova and ralovera I'm on stop me from getting my period ie does AF show up once u cease these meds?
    I understand feeling like it will never work, but if you've just started IVF then your chances are there as much as anyone else. Fingers crossed! In answer to your question, Crinone (and progesterone in general) can delay AF.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbabysteps View Post
    thanks girls and also big hugs to those that didnt get their BFP this month *HUGS*
    Girl x, my scan is in 3 weeks Monday 8/9 super excited 1 or 2 I wonder?
    Ooh - you had 2 put in? Very exciting!

For the technically minded, I think we need a new roll call...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah, there were 2 were floating around when this began a couple of weeks ago they both found a spot they liked lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Congrats lilbabysteps🎉🎉

GirlX I'll get onto roll call this arvo or tonight. DH off to footy and I can relax at home!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (15-09-2012),lilbabysteps  (15-09-2012)