+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jessesgirl View Post
    What was your hcg lkeith?
    My HCG 14 days after FET was over 1600 then two days later it was over 2200!

Wunsi-hope you hear a little heartbeat!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi77 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! It's amazing to see so many ladies on this journey - although they are all different I'm sure. Congrats to those that are expecting Can i ask a couple of questions? Do most of your FS do a 3 or 5 day transfer? Mine did a 3 day - have u ladies got any opinions on this? Has anyone found since commencing treatment that they are more tired/exhausted than they usually are? And why the hell am I constipated - haha - it has been since the egg retrieval on Thursday and can't work out if its from the anaesthetic, some of the other drugs or all the protein that they recommended for mild hyper stimulation - oh and does anyone know why they recommend protein. Sorry, for all the questions - my FS is awesome and takes the time to answer my questions but don't always remember to ask.
    I had OHSS very bad....they got 25 eggs from me!! And I was constipated as well, they told me to eat lots of protein and drink lots of fluids because I was also dehydrated because of the OHSS. The fluid was sitting in my abdominal cavity instead of where it was supposed to be which caused the dehydration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey girls,

just a quick drop in ....I think i had a mild case of ohss....I was REALLY bloated and constipated (TMI) about 1 day after epu for about 3 days and then it started to subside until i was back to normal and then 2 days later im up again like a balloon! im sooooo uncomfortable !!!! i have been told this could be a good sign because hcg makes it worse. I started bloating the second time 2 days before my 2nd hcg injection. Any thoughts? am i just hoping?? I feel like I am going bananas in in the 2ww wait !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, lets see how good this memory is with a constant dullgonal f headache and on a sunday morning!
    Hi ladies!

Welcome Mimi77 (if 77 is your yearof birth, then snap!
    J). Well done onsurviving EPU and ET. J
    As KandP said,we have all sorts of issues on here – my DH and I are azoo and I am maybe butunlikely PCOS (the fat kind, not the lean kind). Also seems we have trickyeggs, and perhaps not as many as we should…oh dear. Lots of the girls in herehave male factor infertility (MFI) or severe MFI (like me and peonies and a couple of others L)
    Re your questions:
    Do most of yourFS do a 3 or 5 day transfer? Mine did a 3 day - have u ladies got any opinionson this?
    My first clinic did 3d transfers. New clinic does d5 (ord4, d5, d6). There is a lot written on one vs the other. And the research showsbetter success rates for d5 overall. This is because you can tell more abouthow good an embie is at d5 than at d3 and getting to blastocyst stage is amassive milestone in development. But there are many clinics, including some ofthe best in oz, that still routinely do d3s, like one of the clinics inMelbourne, I think its Melbourne IVF. One of the girls can confirm this. Eitherway, don’t panic. Some women do better with a d3 and some with a d5. Growingembies to d5 is tricky and takes a highly skilled lab and team. There are riskswith both d3 and d5. D3 you know less about the “health” of the embie, d5,there is a risk that you will have no embies to transfer because they allarrest (this happened to us two cycles ago). This can be because of egg orsperm (sperm most likely in our case, because we are using testicular sperm).That was heartbreaking. 12 eggs and nothing decent to transfer. And with d5development, not all embies will get there, maybe only 30-60%, so loss ratesare high.
    Has anyone foundsince commencing treatment that they are more tired/exhausted than they usuallyare?
    Oh yeah. It’s the hormones and the stress. Part of theroller coaster. The other girls on here are better at this than me, but youneed to do things to pamper and relax yourself. I have a counsellor, have juststarted acupuncture and walk when I get really stressed. It all helps. Thisjourney is emotionally taxing and the tears are frequent and oftenuncontrollable!
    And why the hellam I constipated - haha - it has been since the egg retrieval on Thursday andcan't work out if its from the anaesthetic, some of the other drugs or all theprotein that they recommended for mild hyper stimulation
    Sounds a bit like mild hyperstim. It also occurs as aresult of increasing and high levels of progesterone. Im not sure how many eggsyou go, but with pregnyl boosters I was really constipated and stayed that wayeven after I lost our twins, until the progesterone went back to normal levels.Drink lots of water. Crinone causes the same prob. Part of the process Imafraid.
    oh and doesanyone know why they recommend protein.
    I’ll defer to peonies on this one, she will know Im sure!
    Questions are good hun x

GirlX – happy anniversaryand good work on the FET! One bubsicle? Thanks for the info on the defrosting.I was wondering about that and to be hatching sounds great. 21/9 for test, excellent. That is very veryclose to my birthday that Im not having this year!!

Wunsi – thanks forthe roll call update hun. And good luck with the scan. HCGs can vary widely.Higher doesn’t always indicate twins, but it sometimes does! I was very verylow and twins – and not from the two put in, one didn’t take and the othersplit – so that can happen! And more frequently as we get older apparently!
    Lkeith – hope you aregoing ok over there?
    Fingers – how is DP andso sorry about not responding to your question about the FB group, I thoughtyou were on there. I can PM you if you need the details?
    KandP – have youalways been on that higher dose of FSH. My FS says 300 is max. Now wonderingwhy he says that? You are the same kind of age as me yeah (Im still 34, just!!)
    Lilbabysteps –HCG definitely makes it worse! The reason they do a freeze all with big eggcollection cycles is the HCG triggers the OHSS. Keep an eye on your weight andlet the clinic know if you have any concerns. GL x

Ok, as for me. Well still crook. But the “baby safe”antibiotics are making a huge difference. And the fess, manuka honey, lemon,tonnes of water. Thank you all. DH is still sick. He has “non baby friendly”antibiotics. Is still ANNOYINGLY deaf. He has hearing aids anyway, from beingaround industrial noise (and he is only 41!), so it’s great fun here! He isoutside polishing the “new” second hand car we bought yesterday. At least itskeeping him busy.

I am d5 stimms tonight. Head is in that dull headache mode.Lots of weird CM stuff leaking out of me as usual – so oestrogen must bestarting to increase. And means it must be night to add the orgalutran! Ireckon we will trigger all being well next sat night. They stimm me for quite afew days, around 11. So that may well mean transfer on my birthday! Oh dear… Imfeeling pretty good really. Sad that we have to do this again and the girls couldn’tgrow and stay. And quite jealous of my friends with new babies or heavilypregnant. But Im working through it. Went to tea with my high school friendslast night, which was great. Had a little cry when driving home though, becauseof the hormones and the fact that one of them is preggers with no 2 and one hasa 18mth old, and I wish so much it was me. Im very stressed that our frostieswont defrost and the PGS will show we have completely ****ed up embryos orsomething. Or none will make it to biopsy. Damn I wish this process had aguaranteed outcome and we had more embies to work with, but it is what it is.And I wish this brain could switch off. Planning holidays at the end of themonth. So much for going away to perth though for hols and to avoid my birthday…nevermind.
    Hugs to you all
    x

PS sorry about the words running together, I did this in word and it clearly doesnt like sunday morning either!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

lilbabysteps  (09-09-2012),LKeith  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey Sel

So glad to hear you're feeling happier. Hope you both get better soon too! Transfer on your birthday could be a good present! I understand about that cry after seeing your friends. I get that you're not looking forward to this birthday either, but perhaps try to celebrate it as the year in which you will get pregnant! I have so much hope for you, and I really wish that this cycle is the one. That's my birthday wish for you.

Just one embryo put in for me, and I think that's what we'll continue to do. My FS is keen to do just one, and we would prefer just one child to twins if that's possible. I know lots of people would love to have twins, but that's just our personal hopes/ wants. We'll see whether the universe agrees!

A bit of a bad day for me. I just can't stop crying. I'm so angry, and over it all. I would have thought I'd feel excited now that it's the 2ww, but I feel angry and bitter that I 'know' it won't work and we still have to go through this.

So over the drugs, and doing the progesterone 3 times a day is hard to fit in (lying down for 30mins at lunch time... suuuure....) I'm angry about feeling like I'm walking on eggshells. I'm scared to lift stuff (even DD), scared to go for a walk, avoiding coffee, avoiding alcohol (obviously), and angry that 'it's all for nothing.' I don't know why I feel like such a brat about it all.

DH swears that I always get really negative and emotional after taking the progesterone for a few days, so maybe it's to do with that. He's being very lovely, but I'm pretty horrid today. I don't want to hang out with me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom #2

(Fingers how is DP andso sorry about not responding to your question about the FB group, I thoughtyou were on there. I can PM you if you need the details?)

Sel: That would be great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh GirlX - hun, I think that is all hormones and some delayed grief. Please remember this, 50% of good looking blasts are good and 50% abnormal. One of them will get you there, and it could well be this one And hatching is a good sign. But I can honestly say my dear friend I know how you feel xx And totally understand the twins thing. I guess Im more happy with that idea since one of our embies tried!

Thanks for the kind words, I am definitely ignoring the birthday. Just scared really that if we do tfer on that day and it doesnt work I will hate my bday forever. I know that sounds loopy, but I am quite loopy these days.

Hang in there lovely. Im trying too. And not that far behind you I hope. Please universe...AGAIN!!

XX

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    Oh GirlX - hun, I think that is all hormones and some delayed grief. Please remember this, 50% of good looking blasts are good and 50% abnormal. One of them will get you there, and it could well be this one And hatching is a good sign. But I can honestly say my dear friend I know how you feel xx And totally understand the twins thing. I guess Im more happy with that idea since one of our embies tried!

Thanks for the kind words, I am definitely ignoring the birthday. Just scared really that if we do tfer on that day and it doesnt work I will hate my bday forever. I know that sounds loopy, but I am quite loopy these days.

Hang in there lovely. Im trying too. And not that far behind you I hope. Please universe...AGAIN!!

XX
    Well, I am probably a paid up member of the loopy crew, but what you say makes perfect sense and doesn't sound loopy at all.

Come on universe... for all of us! xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for all the info - I can't believe i have been seeing FS for almost a year now - several rounds of clomid (of which definitely put me in that loopy group) and IUI and I never joined any of the forums - but you ladies are a wealth of information! I think I have been trying to ignore our fertility issues for too long and now here we are commencing IVF (well ICSI in our case this time round). As much as I talk to my mum and sisters it is kind of not the same hearing it through those with experience. I guess I can safely say that the excruciating constipation I am suffering is a combination of the anesthetic, crinone and potentially mild OHSS. I have to say that there were so many things i was scared of this week being my first EPU and ET but to think that bloody constipation is now what i fear most!
    I'm going to go back and read some of the old posts so I can get to know who's on here and where you are all at in your journeys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that Sel!!! Im glad it is a good sign, just wish i wasnt so uncomfortable!!! hopefully there is a BFP just around the corner to make me feel better