+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerscrossd11 View Post
    We aren't going back to FS til the 20th for a scan, shouldn't they be checking the HCG levels are doubling before then?
    How many blood tests have you had?

My clinic only does 2, and because I did a BT at the GP last time, they only did 1! So I had my GP one at 9dp5dt, and then they did their scheduled one at 14dp5dt - and that was it until the scan.

I've noticed on here that there seems to be a big difference between the amount of testing different clinics do.

Mine doesn't seem to do a lot on the BT front. For example, last pregnancy I was told to stay on the progesterone pessaries for the whole first trimester. Other ladies wrote that their clinics tested progesterone levels and they were told they could drop the pessaries once their levels were okay. Mine doesn't test for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Forgot to say earlier, I asked the embryologist about the defrosting process.

He said that when you freeze the 5 day blastocysts they 'go back a day' and then when you defrost them you do it the day before transfer, and you look to see that they have started developing again, and 'got that day back.' (Obviously he was putting it in very crude layman's terms...)

Well, he said that ours defrosted fine, started developing as it should, and then started hatching - which he said was extra good.

I'm hoping that's a good sign....??? It sounded like it was! I really don't know much about this, as you can tell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome! It's amazing to see so many ladies on this journey - although they are all different I'm sure. Congrats to those that are expecting Can i ask a couple of questions? Do most of your FS do a 3 or 5 day transfer? Mine did a 3 day - have u ladies got any opinions on this? Has anyone found since commencing treatment that they are more tired/exhausted than they usually are? And why the hell am I constipated - haha - it has been since the egg retrieval on Thursday and can't work out if its from the anaesthetic, some of the other drugs or all the protein that they recommended for mild hyper stimulation - oh and does anyone know why they recommend protein. Sorry, for all the questions - my FS is awesome and takes the time to answer my questions but don't always remember to ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom #2

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi77 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! It's amazing to see so many ladies on this journey - although they are all different I'm sure. Congrats to those that are expecting Can i ask a couple of questions? Do most of your FS do a 3 or 5 day transfer? Mine did a 3 day - have u ladies got any opinions on this? Has anyone found since commencing treatment that they are more tired/exhausted than they usually are? And why the hell am I constipated - haha - it has been since the egg retrieval on Thursday and can't work out if its from the anaesthetic, some of the other drugs or all the protein that they recommended for mild hyper stimulation - oh and does anyone know why they recommend protein. Sorry, for all the questions - my FS is awesome and takes the time to answer my questions but don't always remember to ask.
    Our FS only does 3 day, my DP has been buggered since the transfer and still buggered since the BFP on Thursday. Which clinic are u at?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine does 5 day transfers. Yes, I'm tired a lot of the time and I put it down to the drugs. I had a 'cycle off' after my miscarriage, and couldn't believe how good I felt just through not taking the drugs for a month! Then it was back to feeling tired again for the next cycle...

Anaesthetics commonly cause constipation. Pear juice is good

I don't know about the protein - sorry. I haven't had OHSS, and my FS hasn't mentioned anything about protein.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingerscrossed - I'm with Scott Salisbury at QFG. What about you? Congrats on the BFP - super exciting!

Thanks GirlX - thought it may have been the anesthetic - and I have pear juice in the fridge so will get onto it :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mimi - I'm also at QFG but different doctor. I have had a fresh day 2 transfer and a day 5 FET. So it just depends on your doctor. Good luck Hun!

Girlx - yay for being PUPO! And happy anniversary! Would be an awesome anniversary present.

Wunsi - my hcg was higher than LKeith too so freaking out about scan too but will be happy regardless. it's been a long tough journey to get here!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lackers For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with QFG as well (Dr DeAmbrosis). We do 5 day transfers - his reasoning for us is that with each of my cycles, my embies start out ok, but in the last couple of days degrade...if we were to put them back at day 3, we'd never know, so it's a good diagnostic tool. He doesn't feel that the embryos are better back in the womb - but each Dr is different - and more importantly, each patient is different.

My bowels have only just returned to the land of normal over 2 weeks after my EPU, i was mildly hyperstimulated, and didn't keep on top of my pear juice... so they just kept slowing down, I got bloated, was in pain... not fun.

We're dropping the FSH from 600 to 525 for my next cycle (and including other drugs). I'm also going in for a hysteroscopy, lipidol flush and endometrial biopsy on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mimi - my progesterone support has been giving me terrible constipation for the past week, so it could be that too. If pear juice doesn't work try apple juice, cause that seemed to help a bit for me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom #2

Fingerscrossed - I'm with Scott Salisbury at QFG. What about you? Congrats on the BFP - super exciting!

Thanks GirlX - thought it may have been the anesthetic - and I have pear juice in the fridge so will get onto it :-)
    I'm down here in Sydney with fertility first. Exciting and scared at the same time DP just had a midnight craving, I'm at her beck and call