+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default **spinoff** Contraception effectiveness and your kid

I've spoken with my teenage sister about it all as she is in a long term relationship and I knew they would be having sex soon. I offered her condoms and she is now also on the pill.

I also make it a habit to regularly tell all my sisters (3 at teenage years) how awful pregnancy is and how sick I have been etc lol

Thats probably awful but if it keeps them more vigilant so be it haha!

Thanks
    Reviews

My 2 surprise babies were incorrectly taking the pill (missed 1 or 2) and my middle baby I was on nothing and trying for over a year, ending up needing fert spec and 1 round of clomid go figure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    With problems with taking the pill at the same time every day (pain in ****) what do you think is the best way to combat that with kids? Other contraception such as depo, mirena etc?
    I think that the best way to combat this is for men to use contraception ever time they have sex and don't want a baby as a result - rather than rely on the female to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I've never had an unplanned pg and we use natural family planning, since the pill makes me really sick and I have personal objections to the way it stops pg (don't want to get into it further but I do not, even a tiny bit judge those that do use it and consider it one of the biggest medical break thrus of the 20th cent).

As to my kids when they are teens. I have no illusions they will have sex before marriage. I plan to have DD on the depo or implanton, something where she can't forget to take or use it. DS will be be bought condoms and told to use them every single time. But I also know they are not 100% effective and I would love and support my kids (both my girl and boy) if they had an unplanned pg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Condoms failed me and that's how we had DD. I don't know what kind of error was involved. There was no indication at the time that there was any problem, such as it falling off or tearing or anything. But somehow, something must have slipped on by. There may have been a tiny hole, I have no idea, I didn't keep it to check.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Not me but I do know quite a few people who have, one resulting in triplets.

I think it would be naive to think you can protect your teen 100% from pregnancy or STD.
    I guess all you can do is be open with them and educate them on the matter and hope they use their best judgement.