+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default so mad at people!

Oh I hear ya. You should hear what I get as a full time student, so I don't even make any money from all my "neglect" mind you that's actually from family rather than friends.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: so mad at people!

Hi ishty, is tomorrow your first day? All the best.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tomorrow is induction!
    I had my security check today.. background check and all..

eeek.. and a test.
    Got my uniform and did my medical.
    I officially start training next monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

That's awesome. All so fast! Good luck

Forgive any weird substitutions... Silly phone, but I still love it

Thanks
    Reviews

I've had both sides of it too. I have this one friend that always tries to tell me what bills I could get rid of so I wouldn't have to work, she always says to get rid of foxtel (my DH wouldn't though) I've told her time and time again that foxtel costs is less than $25 a week but apparently its a HUGE luxury that I could go without so I could stay home. (obviously I know it's a luxury, but I'm going to work for alot more than $25 per week so it's not something that would change anything really & I would still have to work even if we got rid of if!)

Every time I see her she comments on me working supposedly in a nice way but it really upsets me

I only work part time and I would never make comments like that to a full time working mum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats on the job. Hope today goes well. I went back to full time work when my ds was 12 months old and I was one of only a handful of full time working mummies with children under school age in my social circle. I felt very isolated as they all did things on weekdays and I didn't get to do them. BUT, they were all (apart from one) understanding and supportive of me. It was hard though. It's weird but the one comment from one person (an acquaintance) still hurts years later. I'm sure she didn't realise her comment would hurt so much ... and it was definitely my choice to take her comment to heart.

I had to return to work when my dd was 5 months old and thankfully it's only part time, but I've got lots of supportive comments from people about it. At my ds's Kinder nearly all the parents work, most part time, but some full time. There are only a handful of SAHM's, so I don't feel judged by them either which is good. I suggest you might want to find some new friends!

Thanks
    Reviews

Congratulations on the job!

I get judged constantly but like a pp my ds loves daycare.

It what works for you.

People are going to judge no matter what...I get judged a lot for working.

My answer now is 'I like money to much' people don't know what to say and that usually shuts them up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Congrats on your job! Could it be more of a misunderstanding with your friends as to why you are going to work. From 'knowing' (in the very loose sense) you from bubhub I was under the impression you and (x)DH were self-made millionaires so maybe your friends don't understand why there is a sudden need for cash?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannahly For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Doesn't matter what you do in life, you're never going to please everyone. At the end of the day you gotta do what's best for you and your kids. Stuff what everyone else says or thinks.

Thanks
    Reviews

I am a stay at home mum and really feel terrible about it sometimes. I feel like a should be contributing as well and that I do such a terrible job of being a stay at home mum that DS would be better off at day care with all the extra stimulation. I think good on you!!! I wish I was brave enough to get a job.

I think that because I have been a stay at home mum for 16 months that I have lost my identity. I am now just a mum and don't have anything else to offer anyone.