+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default so mad at people!

So I have to get a job.. no choice.

I want to move out from here and support myself.. so I went and got a job..

and since I did, the judgements and attitude make me sick.

Most of my friends ask me.. what about the kids?
    Oh ****e.. thanks for reminding me I forgot about them..
    what about the impact of having a working mum?
    um.. well less impact than starvation surely

Its cruel to put beryl in to care..
    ok.. so better to stay in a difficult situation?

I am disgusted..

I did not know that SAHM's thought they were better.. I did not think like that when I was.. I just thought this is my life.. no judgement on others.

How come men go to work and its just totally cool..but a mum does and OMG what a selfish cow?

vent over.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'm a sahm and def don't think that. You are doing what's best for your family and that's what is important. Don't listen to them. Good on you xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Ugh. What unsupportive friends! Not everyone thinks that way, none of my friends made any judgements when I returned to work. People can be very smug when others break up. They think it will never happen to them, and their precious life and financial state. You do what's right for you and your kids and ignore the comments.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (02-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work full-time and promise you not everyone has that attitude. You know what is best for your family, and everyone is just bolstering their own life choices by putting yours down.

My DD LOVED daycare, it was the best thing for her. I love being a working mum. I have come across many amazing working mums, and I'm sure you are going to be one too.

Thanks
    Reviews

I dread this judgement when I have a child and return to work. I plan on being a single mum so I don't have a choice. There's meals to put on the table and bills to be paid.
    You do what you need to do to support your child. You have their best interests at heart!
    I don't judge SAHM's (they're lucky they have the opportunity although I'm sure some days they wish they were at work haha) and I expect not to be judged in return.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: so mad at people!

Welcome to the life of a single working mum.

Just don't let it get to you. There well always be people that judge but they are so not worth it.

In any case they'll judge all situations anyway.

If you don't work you're a centrelink leech that steals money from the kids father to fund your lifestyle.

If you do work you're not raising your own kids.

If you but anything for you, your wasting the money that should go on the children

If you don't get anything for yourself you're not showing any pride in yourself and teaching the kids that women are not important...

It hours on and on. So just focus on the fact that you know what you're doing is right. And theycan go tell someone that cares, cause you're to busy putting your kids long term well being first to give a rats *** what they're saying.

Forgive any weird substitutions... Silly phone, but I still love it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Congratulations on getting a job!

I think it depends on the circle of people. When you start mixing with working parents through work and daycare, there isn't any of the judgment, particularly given that your children aren't that young anyway. Among those women, it's just taken as a given that women work, and that's how it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Hugs. It sucks. I am copping it left, right and centre atm and feel like I have nobody to lean on for support.

I am sick of being told off for working that even school mums are making snide remarks about it now. If I wasn't working, let's say I would be deeply depressed as I was at the end of my rope a few months ago.

If I didn't work, I wouldnt of been able to buy at your tupperwear party or do the coffees we used to do, if I didn't work, we wouldn't of gone to all the parties your children have invited us to, if I didn't work, your children wouldn't be allowed over for playdates as wouldn't have sufficient afternoon tea and let's not forget about sleepovers either that we have had. Some of the things I would love to say.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Hugs. clearly these people are under the assumption that money grows on trees. I can't help but wonder what people would expect you to do if not work? Stay strong, you are doing what you need to do.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Honestly not everyone thinks like that.... I know plenty of people who think the opposite and make snide comments about those who choose to be a SAHM... You can't win!

Best to ignore other people's judgment and focus on you and your family. You are doing what is right and what is required!