+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 1yo gas & tummy pain

1yo DD woke up tonight crying and passing lots of gas. She's now sleeping on me and her tummy is gurgling and she's cringing with it. She keeps passing quite smelly gas.

She's been fine all day and hasn't eaten anything unusual. She is already dairy-free as she's cows milk protein intolerant (although we did challenge it recently but stopped again over a week ago).

What causes this? How do I help her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I swear our daughters are twins!
    I gave dd something called iberogast its amazing for settling her belly. Some chemists have it. I just put drops in water. Did she eat beans or lentils or anything different? I still cant pinpoint what caused my dd's wind and pain the other day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brauers do a stomach calm which is supposed to be good. I've been using the teething relief and that is working well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    I swear our daughters are twins!
    I gave dd something called iberogast its amazing for settling her belly. Some chemists have it. I just put drops in water. Did she eat beans or lentils or anything different? I still cant pinpoint what caused my dd's wind and pain the other day.
    I know! I wish we were neighbours, then we could share all these stages and remedies!

DD had a rough night last night, it doesn't seem to bother her during the day. I'll check out iberogast. I can't think of anything she ate that was different to her usual diet. Maybe she just ate too much fruit or something. I think I'll google low-gas foods and try to give her more of those foods.

Thanks
    Reviews

Cue is she better? How's her belly?

Thanks
    Reviews

She's doing much better! She's slept through the night the last 2 nights so that's a good sign. She's still letting of some serious bum blasts that you could probably hear down the street but it doesn't really seem to be bothering her too much now.

I posted a thread about kiwi fruit because her poo has become a lot less formed lately and I suspected the kiwi - turns out it does make their poo softer so I'm wondering if it caused the gas too. I've stopped giving it to her now to see if it all improves.