+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Those who have nothing to do with family...

Quote Originally Posted by Livvey View Post
    I feel very similar to you. When my Mum dies, so does most ties with her part of the family for me. It's sad, but that's how it is
    They blame me for my mum's death that's why all ties have been cut.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My Mum, no. I wouldn't be sad nor would I have anything to do with the funeral, much less go.

My brothers, one I don't even know so no. The other raped me as a child, so quite frankly I'd almost feel relieved if he died. My little brother, I'd be sad but still wouldn't attend.

Other family I don't talk to but I would probably be saddened by their passing would be my uncle & aunt.

As for the FOB's in my life.. well.. I spend every day wishing they'd disappear

Me 27 - with DS, 7, DD, 2, and beanie due 1/5/13!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wouldn't go to the funerals of my Dad's parents or his sister. It would be hypocritical when I have no respect or love for them.
    I said goodbye & mourned the loss of those relationships years ago. I don't think I would feel anything if they died. They have had no part in my life for 20 years now, they are already dead to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my dad's immediate family & cousins, no i wouldn't go. they are already dead for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inked Mumma View Post
    They blame me for my mum's death that's why all ties have been cut.
    you're way better off without those sort of people in your life

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I faced this decision 2 years ago. My father who I had not seen for 20 years, since I was 14, I didn't even know where he lived, was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

He was not an evil man, but he was a terribly selfish father and husband.

I received a phone call out of the blue to say he had only a few weeks to live.
    I always assumed I wouldn't want to visit him in this sort of situation, (I remember thinking many times when I was younger that if he died it would be simpler for everyone) but I was suprised that I could not escape this niggling feeling that I had to see him.

My thinking was I would possibly regret not going, more than I would regret going.
    Anyway I dragged my family 2000 miles away,and I visited him. I saw a sick sad man, old before his time. I even lied and told him that I loved him. It seemed a simple way to offer some solace to a dying man, whose 3 other children would not visit him.

He was still the same bitter, selfish man he always was, but he was weak now, not the powerful figure of my childhood. I found peace leaving the hospital room feeling like the bigger person.

So in my case the decision I thought I would make and the decision I had to make were different in the end.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bugsy For This Useful Post:

chubbasmummy  (02-09-2012),jennibear  (02-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Up until recently i probably would have gone to (my dads, and i hate even using that word now) funeral but after the latest converations i had with him where he hold me to, and i quote 'die a painful death and rot in h3ll'... NO WAY would i go to his funeral and TBH wouldnt care if he died. In fact, i would probably be relieved as all the cr@p would be over with.