+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Abortion pill RU486 approved by TGA

I am all for women having more options and choices. But I do worry that abortion is being used as contraception too often and that this may aid in that!

But I guess that's a values thing. Some people may feel that this is acceptable. I don't.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweet_lemons For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (02-09-2012),VicPark  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Yay! Women can now end their babies life without the need for day surgery. That's something for the feminists to be happy about.
    When you have to make this decision, every day, every hour, every minute, every person you have to deal with makes you feel like you are constantly been hit with the most unimaginable pain. (obviously unimaginable to you) So if we have a way in which this can be done without the constant torture then yahhhh!

Just for the record I wouldn't want this on my worst enemy even the nasty, misogynist , religious, female controlling, subordinate woman who don't or don't want to get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Its a difficult topic and one I've struggled to come to a decision on. That being said I'm against abortion in all cases except for severe medical issues (eg mothers life at risk).

I would not criticise a rape victim for chosing this route though as they are in the middle of an impossibly horrid situation. I just can't describe this abortion pill 'development' as a happy one.
    I was somewhat where you are now in your stance, a few years ago, although I still supported choice. Then I realised my own feelings on the subject could be seperate to my feelings of supporting choice.

As I have said in many of these threads, I wished no one ever aborted. The fact is, they always will. Why punish a woman any more than she needs to when she can abort without surgery?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by samken View Post
    When you have to make this decision, every day, every hour, every minute, every person you have to deal with makes you feel like you are constantly been hit with the most unimaginable pain. (obviously unimaginable to you) So if we have a way in which this can be done without the constant torture then yahhhh!

Just for the record I wouldn't want this on my worst enemy even the nasty, misogynist , religious, female controlling, subordinate woman who don't or don't want to get it.
    As some know, 6 weeks ago I had to have a drug which aborted my pg due to it being ectopic. Having intense pro life feelings for my own body, it can't be explained how difficult it was for me.

It has also shown me what women tried to tell me years ago - that the reasons can be so varied and complex.

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews

I'm currently waiting to miscarry the embryo that died inside me two weeks ago. I do NOT want a doctor scraping out my uterus with sharp implements so I'm VERY happy that this option may now be available for me should I need medical assistance to finish this pregnancy.

Loving all the Judgey Judgerson comments in this thread. Walk a mile in the other person's shoes...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tiggerfields For This Useful Post:

delirium  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I think you and I both tigger raise the good point that sometimes this option isn't just taken for women who have unwanted pgs. Sometimes pgs need to be brought to an end, even though the mother doesn't want them to.

Thanks
    Reviews

So sorry for your loss tiggerfields xx i hope this horrible time in your life is over soon and that you dont have to be subjected to the horrible D&C experience. The wait must be so hard.

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pilbarablossom View Post
    So sorry for your loss tiggerfields xx i hope this horrible time in your life is over soon and that you dont have to be subjected to the horrible D&C experience. The wait must be so hard.
    Thank you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    For the vast majority of women, ending a pregnancy comes with heartache and trauma. If this option means less physical invasion then I am all for it.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-09-2012),Bonkers  (02-09-2012),delirium  (01-09-2012),WhiteTulips  (02-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    As some know, 6 weeks ago I had to have a drug which aborted my pg due to it being ectopic. Having intense pro life feelings for my own body, it can't be explained how difficult it was for me.

It has also shown me what women tried to tell me years ago - that the reasons can be so varied and complex.
    I'm so sorry for your loss xx big hugs to you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wantmore For This Useful Post:

WhiteTulips  (02-09-2012)