+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Abortion pill RU486 approved by TGA

People! Seriously! If anything this thread had proven that there are genuine needs for this product. Not just for lifestyle reasons. For all those arguing about pregnancy prevention just remember that some of these pregnancies were wanted but for one reason or another had to end it. some people just want an alternative to an invasive procedure.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

delirium  (02-09-2012),Izy  (02-09-2012),Witwicky  (02-09-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i had safe sex, at a young age, and had 1 unplanned pregnancy. i was a top student (runner up dux of the school) and active in athletics. but i still had a boyfriend and chose to shag him.
    while i wouldnt chose the ru486 for myself, i would support my child/childs partner in taking it. i think its great that there is a 'back up plan' available for those who need it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by V8 View Post
    I really don't like the idea of it, I would want to know how much counseling beforehand they will recieve if they are told to just take a pill that will end a pregnancy, I'd hope that they inform the woman properly of the risks associated with this and have proper medical intervention when needed. It's totally a woman's choice and a less invasive procedure would be better, but I've heard some bad things about this option and the lack of support and access to counseling bothers me too.
    I was forced to have a abortion at 15, yes I know I was young but I wanted the baby. When we got to the clinic I had counseling' and it was crap! I told them I was only there because my mum was making me do it, I told them I didn't want to do it and they still did it anyway. I cried when I had to lay on the table and I almost died in recovery. So having 'counseling' doesn't necessarily make it better.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Abortion pill RU486 approved by TGA

I'm sorry your mother didn't support you to make decisions about your own body bexter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Good. So it should be available widely. No need to "punish" women via surgical procedures when this is available instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have always been against abortion, but I had a dream the other night that I fell pregnant, and it was honestly my worst nightmare. I knew I couldn't go through with the abortion procedure, but would rather have died than kept that baby. I remember thinking "if only I could just take a pill."
    After that dream, and the pure dread that stuck with me for the entire day after I woke up from it, I am very supportive of this option, and would be extremely grateful for it if I fell pregnant in my current situation. I'm 18, with a 2 year old and an 8 week old, PND, and the closest thing I have to a relationship is a very rocky one with my ex.

I don't think abortions are good, or happy (I don't think anyone does), but I think this option is great for those wanting or needing to do so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    I was forced to have a abortion at 15, yes I know I was young but I wanted the baby. When we got to the clinic I had counseling' and it was crap! I told them I was only there because my mum was making me do it, I told them I didn't want to do it and they still did it anyway. I cried when I had to lay on the table and I almost died in recovery. So having 'counseling' doesn't necessarily make it better.
    That's not proper counsellIng, that was a pathetic attempt to Tick the boxes.

Sorry you went through that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Izy  (02-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoletta View Post
    I have always been against abortion, but I had a dream the other night that I fell pregnant, and it was honestly my worst nightmare. I knew I couldn't go through with the abortion procedure, but would rather have died than kept that baby. I remember thinking "if only I could just take a pill."
    After that dream, and the pure dread that stuck with me for the entire day after I woke up from it, I am very supportive of this option, and would be extremely grateful for it if I fell pregnant in my current situation. I'm 18, with a 2 year old and an 8 week old, PND, and the closest thing I have to a relationship is a very rocky one with my ex.

I don't think abortions are good, or happy (I don't think anyone does), but I think this option is great for those wanting or needing to do so.
    Oh wow, I've had so many dreams like that. I love my son and I desperately want another bub ONE DAY but if I were to fall pregnant again now, in the same situation as last time....it would be pure terror.