+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What order? 6m old routine.

My ds is 6m old and falls asleep on his evening/last bottle.
    He refuses a late avo catnap so is up from 230-3pm.
    I'm considering bottle THEN bath instead of bath then bottle to avoid that. What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

You could always try it that way he will have the whole bottle, bath then bed.
    We had the same problem with DD4 who is also 6months so we skip the last bottle and do solids, bath then bed by 630 but give her a dream feed around 930 which has been getting us through till 7am..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think it's worth a shot. A little bottle, then bath, then the rest.

Or just push his feeds if he can manage it... like if you'd normally do a bottle at 6.30 or something then bed, push that back... do bath at 6.30 and then bottle at 7pm. If that helps you and if he'll oblige.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks all. I was even thinking early bottle, bath then some cereal? But the 1/2 bottle, bath,1/2 bottle sounds good too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ohh is the problem that he doesn't finish his bottle because he falls asleep? Yeah, defs try swapping around the routine a bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 11mo dd has milk at 4 - 5pm, dinner at 5:30 - 6pm (and she eats a lot) and then milk again at 6:45 - 7pm, often falling asleep at the end of her feed (she is BF). If you're worried about the sleep association with a bottle don't worry too much if that's the only feed of the day that is associated with sleep. If I didn't offer milk at 7pm she would definitely want it overnight, rather than just maybe want it (mind you, she still wakes 9 out of 10 nights for a feed).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Depending on when my 6 month old DD has had her last bottle will determine what I do for the period of time on between her last nap and bedtime.

Eg today I gave her a bottle right before her nap at 3:30. She slept til nearly 5, so it was too soon to give her a bottle so we fed her solids at 5:45, then did our regular bath, PJs, sleeping bag, songs, bottle routine before leaving her to self settle at about 6:45. That way the solids got her through to her last feed, which I call a top up feed. It's to make sure she's full before going to bed and it makes her drowsy, so I can put her into her cot relaxed enough to self settle.

If on the other hand her last bottle was at 1:30 or 2 by 5, she will be a bit hungry but not starving so I'll give her a bottle at 5:15, solids at 5:45, then a top up feed before I put her down.

So what I'm saying is, there's nothing wrong with giving 2 feeds and solids before bed to ensure she's full, but she isn't dead tired and starving at bedtime or she will only drink a little bit and fall asleep at the bottle meaning she will likely wake up hungry before midnight.