+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to tag on to this post but am new to this site & have no idea how to create a new thread or post!
    Totally lost!!!!
    I am booked in for my first laparoscopy in mid November. Am booked in on a Friday and am scheduled to do a 50km bike ride on the weekend after.
    Is this a totally unrealistic goal?
    Entered Bike Event way before Op booked & entry is $75 so don't really want to waste entry fee. Am I expecting too much from my body?
    Don't know anyway else who has had one so no one to discuss this with.
    Advice please?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Laparoscopy...HELP

Hi hyancinth.
    If its the weekend straight after your lap I would say no. The following weekend you should be ok. I had about 3-4 days of being an absolute write-off then after that I was ok. Not perfect but able to function as per usual.
    Hope that helps. Don't forget everybody's different.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You won't know until you've had your laparoscopy but I was basically in bed for a few days after having mine let alone a 50km bike ride! The gas they pump in can cause pain and takes a few days to absorb back into the tissues. Some women don't get this pain though so its hard to say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I had the gas pain for about a week so depends if u get that or not? Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I've had 2 laps. The first was on a Thursday and I was painting our investment property by Sunday. I did get some nasty shoulder tip pain from the gas that required rest and heat packs for a day or so, and then a few niggling pains here and there for a few days.

The second lap was also on a Thursday and I was out shopping and having lunch with DD and my mum on Friday! I had no shoulder pain this time and recovered really quickly, I was just tired for a couple of days from the anesthetic and felt kind of bruised at the incision site.

The first time they found and removed mild endo, the second time the couldn't find any endo. Not sure if that was the reason for the difference.

Thanks
    Reviews

It depends on how you cope really.
    4 days after my c-section I was doing grocery shopping and taking dd for small walks (just to settle her not for weight loss lol)

After my lap it was a different story, it kind of effected me badly.
    I also had a nasty infection and had to go back into hospital.. It's been 9weeks now and I'm just feeling 100% back to normal. I think that's due to the ongoing infections though.

I would say see how you feel, you don't want to push yourself to hard.
    Good lucky with everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for advice folks. I think I may cancel my 50km epic ride. Think I was a bit blase about the op. Assumed as it was day surgery I would be right as rain by Monday. Just started with the whole fertility clinic thing & have been plunged headlong into everything with not much info! Am 36 so I guess they are rushing everything. Full on!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Hyancinth Bouquet View Post
    Thanks for advice folks. I think I may cancel my 50km epic ride. Think I was a bit blase about the op. Assumed as it was day surgery I would be right as rain by Monday. Just started with the whole fertility clinic thing & have been plunged headlong into everything with not much info! Am 36 so I guess they are rushing everything. Full on!
    Good luck!
    My lap was suppose to be day surgery but I ended up staying in hospital for 2 nights.
    I'm sorry you're missing out on the bike ride
    I use to jog 20km every weekend after loosing 50kgs, it was hard not being able to do that for a while but in the end it's all worked out for the best.
    I hope you have a super speedy recovery

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I am looking for a gynaecologist (WA) as I would like to have my tubes tied, whether it is called Hysterectomy or Laparoscopy.
    I have fitered my research (based on my Private Insurance) but was wondering if anyone has seen Dr Lucy Williams, Dr William Patton or Dr Tamara Walters and would like to share their experience. TIA