+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadHouseMumma View Post
    We have a Hyundai Imax which is an 8 seater and I love love love love it!! Its HUUUUGE for space!! Only issue is, it doesnt have anchor points across the back seat but I think you can get them put in. I have my baby sets across the middle because its easy for me to access.

Otherwise, Ive heard the Kia Grand Carnivals are brilliant! Has to be the newer models though. Ive heard bad reports of the older ones.

We also had a Toyota Tarago before the imax, and they are good too!!

Those are all 8 seaters though sorry, I dont have any experience with 7 seaters other then the Mitsubishi Pajero I had a few years back, and I did love i but you cant have anchor points in the back seats I dont think.
    WE ADORE our Imax too!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

TheMadHouseMumma  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 7 seater cars

The Toyota avensis is 7 seater but I am just reaserching them myself. Not
    Sure on much more :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Mitsubishi Grandis (7 seater) and a Kia Grand Carnival (8 seater). Both of them have 5 anchor points. The Grandis has a third row that can fold down flat. My kids are young (7,5 and 2 1/2). The anchor straps for the back row cut across the boot space which makes it very limiting. The anchor straps for the second row go into the floor between back two rows, which cuts leg room. The car doors swing open, which can be a problem in a car park, and also in the garage. The Grand Carnival has excellent boot space. Can fit a whole overflowing trolley load in the boot with room to spare. Anchor points are in the backs of the seats so don't limit any access. We have removed the 8th seat at the moment (left hand side of middle row). Makes it mush easier to walk through to the back row. Doors slide, which makes it much easier for getting in and out. It is a 2009 model. A few years ago we had a 2000 model Kia Carnival. It only had 2 anchor points, and couldn't add any more into that model (we thoroughly checked into it). I am glad we have got a newer Carnival now. Have had it a little over a month now.

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: 7 seater cars

I have the Odyssey, it has 7 seats and 5 anchor points.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to waitsee For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 7 seater cars

We have the 7 seater territory, all 5 back seats have anchor points. Boot space sucks though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 7 seater cars

Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, it's such a mission to find something good, my kids are all young nearly 4, 1 and a new one due in Jan, been looking at the ford territory think it maybe the way to go, really don't want a mum bus lol, i'm being very picky, and has to be kind of cooler looking than a mum bus haha i'm so vain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 7 seater cars

Quote Originally Posted by mummyz View Post
    Thanks ladies, it's such a mission to find something good, my kids are all young nearly 4, 1 and a new one due in Jan, been looking at the ford territory think it maybe the way to go, really don't want a mum bus lol, i'm being very picky, and has to be kind of cooler looking than a mum bus haha i'm so vain
    We have a mazda cx-9 which is awesome. Do you need anchors on the 3rd row? You could just have all 3 kids in carseats in the second row and then when your eldest is big enough he could go in a booster in the 3rd row.
    Such a great car.
    Also, the territory may annoy you as it can only be 5 or 7 seats, never 6. And boot space is terrible.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 7 seater cars

I have a territory and love it except the third row of seats doesn't split so you can't just have 6 seats up which limits boot space. I'm now thinking of changing to cx 9 for this reason, but my oldest is 9 and doesn't need a booster anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For us it came down to honda odyssey and chrysler voyager. Hubby looked at what was best mechanically (within our budget) and they were the final two choices. Then it came down to space and comfort and we got the chrysler.
    Pretty ugly looking externally but it is very comfortable.