+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default So many questions for egg donors and the recipients

Hi Girls,

I was hoping to hear some of your stories about egg donation.

My husband and I have so many questions about weather we get someone we know or if we go the anonymous option.

I would especially like to hear from people who are friends or family and have taken this path.

Does the egg donor feel like you are looking at your own child. Was it ever awkward and has the relationship changed?

We are just so confussed and are hoping that some stories from you ladies will help make our decision??????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I donated twice (to the same person). I saw an ad and contacted them (just to get to know the person first).

I think it's fantastic getting to see the kids and love seeing them

Thanks
    Reviews
    I donated my eggs and she is currently pregnant.
    We didn't know each other at the start of this process, but have became friends now. Not that we see each other very often, but it is a nice relationship.
    I know I won't see their child as mine what so ever. It takes more than a egg to make a child.
    Have you joined any egg donor forums? They are a great source of info, plus very supportive.
    I would recommend Egg Donation Australia.
    Good luck with everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have donated to both annonymous couples and people whose ad i answered and got to know. You may have an idea that if you chose a known donor that they will be everywhere you are but if you both agree on contact ( if any) and outline and agree to what level all should work out. I see my donor kids once a year with some, othrs i may just chat to thier mums once or twice a year, some email pictures others i dont hear from. At the end of the day, in the future your child will be curious and want to know stuff about thier donor so its great to have some idea of what type of person your kids donor is. Also think that down the track, should your child get sick and need something genetic that perhaps only will be available from the donor ( i hope not of course) but these are the things you have to consider. I have asked all my recipients how they feel after the babies are born and we are all sitting in the same room having coffee and none of them nor thier husbands view me anything more than a nice friend who gave them a chance to make something wonderful. I really hope this helps you.