+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default unsuccessful weight loss

hi everyone!
    just wondering if theres anyone who has been struggling with weight loss and what did you do that actually got results? im

ive been stuggling with this for 6yrs-i get some off but the fall back into my bad habits, no breakfast, kids left overs for lunch, evening starving- big dinner.
    i find it hard to get organised- if its to do with the kids its organised in a jiffy, or for someone else, but for myself i never find time, so actual excersice rarely happens.
    ive got a lot on at the moment, so everything is crazy. but i feel if i dont have a set menu i just dont eat or fall off the wagon. right now im not just feeling fat but unhealthy i just cant get this weight thing under control
    so what do you do?
    what do you eat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Yep this is me. My main prob is they my DH is super fit and had a duper large sweet tooth plus my addiction to cooking/baking. I also have low self control and pretty lazy as well when it comes to exercise.

At this point I'm trying to walk every morning but either the girls or I have been sick these past six weeks.

It's like I want to exercise but the cosmic universe likes me chubby !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had to lol reading that
    tell my about it dh eats like a horse and has such a sweet tooth-so jealous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SB
    i have started round 3 of michelle bridges 12 week body transformation and am loving it, she provides lots of support as well as weekly meal and excercise plans!

I have been mixing it up though if there is a meal on there i dont like, but each day stick to 1200 caleries and walking everyday.

I have lost 3.5kgs since monday =] and am finding it pretty easy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Shot myself in the foot again today - baked apple custard Danishes from scratch for morning tea today and DH has asked for pav tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews

It's so hard to get that change of head space for food.
    6 years I spent saying I'll loose the weight , yeah I'll do it one day, I'll eat healthy this week. Never lost a kilo, then after nursing my third son I piled on 8 kilos because I felt I just had no time to eat anything but quick fix meals which were rarely healthy.
    I got to 83 kilo (I'm 165cm) after having the 3 kids and I started off at 63 kilo before kids.
    This year my head was in the right head space and although I have 3 young children 6, 4 and just about 2. Somehow I do have time to eat well and from February 2012 to august 2012 I smashed my goal of wanting to loose 10kg and have now lost 24-25 kilos and weigh 58-59 kilos.
    I did not exercise until I got down 14 kilos then I wanted to not only be healthy but get fit ! So I play netball twice a week, I do a 2000 step (actually steps / staircase) course every weekend and run 4-6km once a week.
    My hubby works 6:30-5:30 6 days a week and I have no help from family with my kids, my 4 year old has kinder but I care for my 2 year old no day care or anything.
    I think sometimes we feel that we have no time in the world to look after ourselves but in reality we have heaps of time, we just have to use it better 
    I stuck to a 1200 calorie diet for the full 6 months, I ate alot of spinach and bananas!!!
    I did use lite n easy probably 3 weeks of the 6 months for those weeks I just couldn't be bothered cooking dinner.
    You can do it , you just have to tell yourself that you can and you will and that this year is your year !!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Kelly! And congrats what an achievement!!!
    I think that's what I'll try, to ease in-as in first focus on the food for a couple wks then work in some exercise.
    Just seems to overwhelming finding time for it all at once.
    And avoiding going out to start with :S

How much do you exercise during the week?
    Did you throw out all bad food completely?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sparklebug View Post
    Thanks Kelly! And congrats what an achievement!!!
    I think that's what I'll try, to ease in-as in first focus on the food for a couple wks then work in some exercise.
    Just seems to overwhelming finding time for it all at once.
    And avoiding going out to start with :S

How much do you exercise during the week?
    Did you throw out all bad food completely?
    It is very hard I won't say it isn't but it's the only way. I think it's unrealistic of us mums to think we can go to the gym 3 times a week to loose weight, we may keep it up a month but then who has time, sick kids etc
    I changed my grocery shopping no junk for anyone, no take away ( kids and hubby have had it twice in 6 months I still refuse it , besides the odd noodle box :-) ), if I was going out somewhere I made my lunch or took a banana and yoghurt.
    I started off doing an 8k walk twice a week in march but then day light savings left me and I didn't have the light to do it so I just stopped all exercise, after 14 kilos I started netball once a week and my steps once a month. Nothing drastic at all.
    It wasn't until I hit 23 kilos down that I started netball twice a week, 2000 steps once a week/fortnight depending on weather and just last week I started the running.
    Oh I also eat dinner at 5:30 and nothing after that, just 1 litre of water! I think that played a big part.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly8329 For This Useful Post:

astrogal  (17-10-2012),sparklebug  (06-09-2012)