+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Student Midwife in Melbourne seeking Pregnant Ladies to share their experiences!

Hi ladies,

I’m a 27 year old student midwife in my first year at Monash University. I’m really passionate about the care of women and their babies, and am seeking ladies who are less than 35 weeks pregnant who are willing to share their pregnancy, childbirth and early parenting experiences with me. As part of my degree, I need to engage in a number of ‘follow through’ journeys, which help me to understand the full journey of pregnancy and the role of the midwife. These experiences are invaluable learning tools for me as a student, and are also hopefully valuable for you, as the mum-to-be! I can offer ongoing support and companionship throughout your pregnancy and labour – if you have any questions I can research them for you and generally do whatever I can to help you have the experience you want.

I would attend some of your antenatal appointments and the birth (if invited), as well as post-natal appointments up until your new baby is 6 weeks old. The amount of involvement is completely in your control and you are free to withdraw at any time. This is an official requirement of my course so I am being mentored by a midwife at University & there are some forms to fill out etc. to make it all above-board.

I am located in Bonbeach (south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne), but am willing to travel so if you are interested in helping me out or would like to know a little bit more about me or the program, please email stacey_studentmidwife@hotmail.com

Many thanks in advance!

Stacey

Thanks
    Reviews
    stacey i am in rosebud but will be going to frankston. i have started thinking about having a doula but not sure yet... have you had any of your own kids or been to many births?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi w8ting4baby,

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I don't have any children of my own (yet!), but have attended a few births while on clinical placement. I have not yet started assisting with deliveries myself - that starts in March next year. I guess it really depends what / who you're after through your pregnancy & birth as a support person Many women (both women I have followed through their pregnancy and those my fellow students have been following) have found the student support to be invaluable - we're someone who is there just for you, to support you & help you to have the experience you want. Yes, we're not fully qualified yet but we are mentored by a qualified midwife through the Uni & we're very eager to help! If we don't know the answer to your question, we have access to many resources to find out for you.

I'm always happy to have a chat over the phone or a quick meeting (coffee?) so you can meet me & see if you're comfortable. It's completely fine if you were to decide that it's not for you, so there would be no pressure. If you're interested, feel free to email me on stacey_studentmidwife@hotmail.com

Stacey

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Student Midwife in Melbourne seeking Pregnant Ladies to share their experiences!

Thanks for the reply Stacey. I am definitely considering it just have to discuss with the husband... Will defiantly be in contact if it is something we are interested in

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just bumping my post up - I'm now about to enter my second year of Midwifery and still seeking some pregnant ladies who would like some extra support and are willing to share their experiences with me.

I've met some wonderful women from this forum and others like it and am hoping to meet some more of you very soon!

If you're interested or would like to know more, please feel free to contact me at stacey_studentmidwife@hotmail.com

Many thanks,

Stacey